X

Q bout pilot jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q bout pilot jets

hey guys i have a 2001 katana i wanted to go down a size with my pilot jets but i dont no what type of pilot jet to get does any one have an idea of what type i should all i no is that it is a mikuni and it is a 15 now and i wanna go to a 12.5 and do is there a website i could buy some off of

Why ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

so far i have jetted my carbs and put a k&n filter in it now when its cold out side it starts up fine but late in the day when it warms up like mid in the 80s it would not start unless u crack the throttle and i tryed missin with the mixture screws but that wasnt workin so umma try the pilot screws i hope that is what is wrong

Comment

Best thing to do is open up your carbs, take one jet out, take it to your dealer, and get one just like it.

But as it was already asked....why would you want to? Jetting it leaner is going to be make it run odd through the midrange (not just at idle). It also will probably be hard to start, especially when it's cold.

They are already jetted lean from the factory, I wouldn't make it any worse. If anything, just turn your fuel screws a bit.

Comment

Well , you should NOT have to swap out the pilots , of this I'm SURE . It COULD work , but if it DOES , it'll just be masking another problem ....... Miles on the bike ? If it's alot , maybe you got some owrn parts in there , or there's a problem with the floats (set wrong , crap not letting them seal , worn) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i was thinkin the same thing md86 cause i finly got the mixture screws just rite and now the bike is startin now umma look at the floats cause the last time i took the bike apart it was just sittin out for bout 5hrs when i look n the carbs 2of them just had some gas sittin in them and now there is gas in my air box

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9
              Best thing to do is open up your carbs, take one jet out, take it to your dealer, and get one just like it.
              Actually, IMHO, the best thing he can do (given a 98+ model) is remove the K&N, reinstall a stock filter, sell the K&N on eBay.

Meanwhile, like MD said, there should be no reason to have to swap out the pilots -- simply making sure the system is clean (esp. the float bowls & pilot passages), the o-rings are healthy, the floats are good, and the pilots are the right number of turns out should resolve everything... or at least as well as it can be with the K&N.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X