X

Clutch grabbing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch grabbing

Ever since i've had my bike, its had a little pull when still, in gear, clutch all the way in when i would rev the engine. It was pretty minor so i never did anything about it.

Ever since i changed my sprockets and chain (and had to re-adjust the clutch) its been getting worse. It'll start grabbing, i'll do the minor adjustment a little and it will be good for a little and then go back. I'm running out of room to adjust so now its time to do something about it.

What do you guys think?

Would that be a symptom of my clutch cable wearing out and stretching, making the fix just be a new cable?

you need to do the HS2020 clutch adjustment.
    Follow the instructions to the letter and if it doesn't work then you need a new clutch.. or parts..

Seriously follow it... It works..

If you follow it..

Comment

Yup , adjust clutch .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        you need to do the HS2020 clutch adjustment.
        Follow the instructions to the letter and if it doesn't work then you need a new clutch.. or parts..
        or you need to keep trying

took me two times of adjusting to clutch to get it correct.

Comment

again you guys were right. needed to be re-adjusted. Unfortunately I was lazy and put it off. Then I took a ride down to the beach this weekend, and lost my clutch after about an hour into the trip. Fortunately i had enough tools in my little tool kit i put together to get it adjusted in a parking lot. I've put about 200 miles on it since and it seems to be stable.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X