X

Going back to stock set up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to stock set up.

When I bought my Kat last year, it had an hance and hines super sport system, with gsxr cam shafts and rockers. the pipe was in terrible condition and I replaced it with the stock pipes due to a deal. (i didn't like the loud noise anyway, travelling 6000km across the country gave me a bad ringing in my ear). Now changed to Uni air filter, 4 to 2 pipes, gsxr cam shafts and rockers still there and it is jetted to supersport (i think stage 3 but not sure). I have my carbs off now, and was about to clean them and thought whether or not i should rejet. I ran the bike with the stock pipes for about 1500km and couldn't see a bad change (maybe top end wasn't as responsive) but nothing major. What should I be doing with the carbs? rejet or leave it?
    1989 Suzuki Katana 750

from what I understand you can only run a stage three if you have pod filters.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I would rejet the bike back to stock jet size. You only want to run those jets if you are running a full system and an aftermarket filter. You will notice a differcence in your gas milage. You can run that air filter you have in there with stock jetting, you just have to make sure to sync the carbs with that filter in there along with the new jets.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I think we've met the first person to go back to stock, after being aftermarket, for exhaust. ! As long as your happy with it, thats all the matters.

Comment

Matt these older Kat 750's the 89-90's run rock solid stock. My buddy has one he bought from Keith(which is for sale by the way). It runs very string and has great response and is all stock. I think I should by the bike and use it has a parts bike or at the least strip it down and sell it off piece by piece so I can mod my bike more.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I'd love to travel even farther on one fill up.
            1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
              I think we've met the first person to go back to stock, after being aftermarket, for exhaust. ! As long as your happy with it, thats all the matters.
              Returning to stock is one way of greatly improving the reliability of the bike, especially if it's been misbehaving and you've had serious problems tuning it to compensate.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X