X

shake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shake

my bars vibrate an shake really bad at slow speeds (below 50)( at 25 its real bad if one hand is not on bars) its starting to scare me i was looking for a steering dampener but any other help is welcomed
    thanks guys

I think a steering dampener would only hide a bigger problem that exist. I don't know what the problem would be but that shaking does not sound normal.
    91 Katana 600. Flat Black, Solo Cowl, Currently for sale.

99 CBR 600 F4. Red/Black.

Comment

Have you checked the tire to see if it's cupped? Also does it do it all the time or only when you turn?
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'll bet a dollar that there's an issue with the tires. I also agree that a steering damper is a bad fix until you know for certain what's causing the shake.
        former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

it only does it when i go straight an the tire looks new so i dont think that any thing is wrong with it

Comment

Have your tires balanced
            sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
            A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Chuck is right, also what kind of bar ends do you have?
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

How long has it been doing this? If the tires are still balanced, it might be the wheel bearings.
                1994 Naked Katana 600
                Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

I agree. Check the tires for balancing and air pressure. Don't mask what could kill you.

Comment

How about we start at the beginning - is the big nut that holds the front end together tight? How about the bolts in the triple clamp?

If all that is okay, I would look at:
                    tire pressure, tire wear, steering head bearings.
                    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

i just baught it a few weeks ago and it did it then so i am not sure if it is balanced i will check that but wouldent that get worse at speed? and i am not sure on the rest but i will look into them tonight

Comment

does it do it in neutral? could need a carb sync

Comment

Front wheel bearing, Steering stem bearings either loose or worn out (best bet) or a tire problem. Raise the front wheel off the ground and see if there is play in the steering bearings at the tree.

Comment

Working...
                          X