Won't change to neutral

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubba
    Originally posted by NY Kat
    I have almost the same problem, I cant get it into neutral with the engine running. as soon as I kill the motor I can get into neutral easy as pie? really pissing me off when I am driving in manhattan traffic, cant get a break on the old clutch hand at the lights

Any ideas?
    I have the EXACT same problem as you. I've adjusted the clutch and everything but it hasn't helped. For some reason the engine isn't disengaging all the way.
    thirded. clutch adjustment coming up this weekend.

Comment

I have a enev better one, I was out working on my bike saturday, unaware of the bikes pattern and was trying to get the damn thing in neutral and a eight year old kid riding a skate board came by and said, " I think you push all the way down and pull it half way up to get it in Neutral". I laughed at him and told he to run along, five muntes later, while still fussing with the bike, I tried what the kid said and it worked. Freaking eight year old told me how to get my bike in gear. WOW. Next weekend, I will get him to help me rebuild the carbs, LOL.
      Where ever your going, when you get there, there you will be!

Comment

Mine does the same thing. The solution, Finesse. I've found its very easy to do a full motion up to 2nd completely missing Neutral. When I use half the force, I can usually slip it into N no problem. If I ever have trouble finding N from 1st, I go down to N from 2nd.

Try and be ginger with it, roll it forward while you press in either direction and it should pop into place properly.

Comment

I have this problem occasionally, rocking the bike forward a bit in first with the clutch usually helps it pop in, with the combination of trying at it from 2nd down or 1st up, usually gets me there.
          -Ian
          '04 600 Kat Blue/White
          Arai Vector

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE-KAT-4U
            I have a enev better one, I was out working on my bike saturday, unaware of the bikes pattern and was trying to get the damn thing in neutral and a eight year old kid riding a skate board came by and said, " I think you push all the way down and pull it half way up to get it in Neutral". I laughed at him and told he to run along, five muntes later, while still fussing with the bike, I tried what the kid said and it worked. Freaking eight year old told me how to get my bike in gear. WOW. Next weekend, I will get him to help me rebuild the carbs, LOL.
            Wow , and you have the balls to tell everyone about it ! Man , that's freakin HILARIOUS ! Smart kid , though . Guess he has/had a dirtbike or something ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X