X

Could anybody possibly help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anybody possibly help

So I bought my 89 750 kat last year it was cheap (so thats good since i'm in college). It seemed like a good fixer upper. I fixed and modified the body, and most of the wiring.
    Only thing is it just doesn't run smooth so I took it to one shop and they didn't really do much, But it ran well enought to get it where I needed to get it. Not to long ago I took it to another shop. This guy basically didn't want to deal with it. So i'm running out of options.
    If there is anyone in or around the Rochester Mi area that is good with pre 98's I would love some help with this. I don't have much money but I would be all for buying some beers and dinner for someone if they could help me get my bike going.

Might help if you could explain some of your problems....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Come on squid, dont be a wuss, get in there and wrench on that Kat!

Seriously, there seems to be alot of shops that dont want to mess with old bikes. The kat is a good solid bike and will be worth the effort, when you get her running right.
      Get yourself a manual and post any specific questions you have here.
      Thats what I did, and I got mine running like a champ.
      Long live Katriders!
      "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

So far I have eveything working except a few major things.
        I have a starting problem but from a nother thread I was able to figure out its probubly the starter relay that went out. I'm not possitive yet, I'll see when it gets here next week. This was my big problem.

The next problem is the carbs. I had a shop clean them but the relay died while it was at the shop (started fine when I took it in). So I'm not sure if the carbs were actually cleaned or not. But if they are I need to find someone with a sync tool that knows how to use it.

If they weren't cleaned I could use some help cleaning and rebuilding the carbs.

Other then that I have rebuilt most of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Minitruck1506
          So far I have eveything working except a few major things.
          I have a starting problem but from a nother thread I was able to figure out its probubly the starter relay that went out. I'm not possitive yet, I'll see when it gets here next week. This was my big problem.

The next problem is the carbs. I had a shop clean them but the relay died while it was at the shop (started fine when I took it in). So I'm not sure if the carbs were actually cleaned or not. But if they are I need to find someone with a sync tool that knows how to use it.

If they weren't cleaned I could use some help cleaning and rebuilding the carbs.

Other then that I have rebuilt most of the bike.
          If you're going to keep your Kat or continue riding for any length of time, it's time you learned how to wrench on your own. You picked a great motor to start learning on - the Kat is uncomplicated and bulletproof. Check the Member Map to see if there are any fellow Katriders in your neighborhood who can offer you some help; but also:

1. Pick up a Haynes manual (I think you can even download off of this site).

2. Search 'rebuild carb' on this board and look for the how-to's from Special K, Cyberpoet and others who will give you a step-by-step on the subject.

3. If no one around you has a set and you have an extra few bucks, invest in a Morgan CarbTune II. They are VERY easy to use and you'll have it out everytime you dink with your carbs... Balance, Grasshoppah - it's the key to a fulfilling existance. http://www.carbtune.com/

4. How does your fuel tank look inside?? If it's rusted or chock full 'o crud, you gotta clean that biatch up - spend some time doing it yourself or take the tank to a radiator shop, but get the thing relined. Also, install some decent capacity in-line fuel filters if you haven't already.

When I started - my old Kat was in pieces and left out in the elements for two years... She's all that and a bag of chips now.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

i live in the up an have been all thirough my 88' 600 i would be happy to take a ride and give ya some help if you need it i also have a fried that rides an is an eletronics wiz ill bring him along if you still need the help

Comment

Working...
            X