Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How long can the bike alarm be plugged it?....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can the bike alarm be plugged it?....

....Before it starts to drain the battery?

eddie.

well it is a constant drain on the battery really. My leds that I have with a wireless remote was a drain as well. What i did was put an inline kill switch for the leds to turn off completely when I am sitting it for storage or long periods of time.

The alarm is a different animal though.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Alright. I was more concered if, for example: I go to the mall and plug the alarm to the battery and activate it. I don't want to come back to my bike and find the battery is dead.

Is a few hours okay to have the alarm activated and connected to the battery?

eddie.

Comment

Most alarms can run for almost a week without seriously draining a healthy battery to the point it doesn't want to start the bike. If your battery is borderline defective, or you have a poorly-designed alarm, it may be a different story. Using a battery charger like BatteryTender's Waterproof 800 while the bike is parked at home will offset whatever drain you get at the mall and help keep your battey in tip-top shape.

KNOW THIS:
        A few alarms have their own rechargable battery system that fills when the bike is running, so as to not drain the main battery when parked, and to ensure that the alarm works even with the main battery dead.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Push start it

Comment

Working...
          X