Cutting down sidestand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arsenic
    replied
    I'd sart with a 1/2 inch, if it's been lowered 2 inches already a one inch sut might be pretty drastic, but that just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
    I would say cut it on both sides of the weld that way you dont end up with two welds.
    +2, great job thinking that one out Corey.

Leave a comment:

• thurockk
    replied
    I have seen a couple of bikes with cut sidestands fall over in parking lots because of no bend at the bottom. When asphault heats up in summer down here, your stand can sink.

Leave a comment:

• slowflyn
    replied
    I would say cut it on both sides of the weld that way you dont end up with two welds.
    Great idea, guess I'll start with a 1" cut and see what happens.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SEQX34
    replied
    +1 to what corey said
    (Lou, i'm starting to think that corey is smarter between the two of you )

Leave a comment:

• UFO8MyCow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    It really stands that straight up? that's kinda odd. It wouldnt hurt to cut it, I dont think, but just make sure you only do alittle at a time..or u may end up buying a new one anyways.

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    You can cut it again, but not sure how much you will have to cut out.

Leave a comment:

• slowflyn
    started a topic Cutting down sidestand

Cutting down sidestand

My daughters Honda was lowered about 2" by the guy I bought it from. The sidestand has a weld in it so I assume he already cut it once but not enough. The bike stands nearly upright, so do I cut the sidestand again or get a new one and then cut it? Suggestions on how much to cut off to get a decent lean angle.
Working...
X