X

Cutting down sidestand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting down sidestand

My daughters Honda was lowered about 2" by the guy I bought it from. The sidestand has a weld in it so I assume he already cut it once but not enough. The bike stands nearly upright, so do I cut the sidestand again or get a new one and then cut it? Suggestions on how much to cut off to get a decent lean angle.
    Darrel
    '04 Honda F4i

You can cut it again, but not sure how much you will have to cut out.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

It really stands that straight up? that's kinda odd. It wouldnt hurt to cut it, I dont think, but just make sure you only do alittle at a time..or u may end up buying a new one anyways.

Comment

I would say cut it on both sides of the weld that way you dont end up with two welds.
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
          I would say cut it on both sides of the weld that way you dont end up with two welds.
          +1 to what corey said
          (Lou, i'm starting to think that corey is smarter between the two of you )
          PAUL
          93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Great idea, guess I'll start with a 1" cut and see what happens.
            Thanks.
            Darrel
            '04 Honda F4i

Comment

I have seen a couple of bikes with cut sidestands fall over in parking lots because of no bend at the bottom. When asphault heats up in summer down here, your stand can sink.
              "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
              -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
              -DMX

Comment

+2, great job thinking that one out Corey.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'd sart with a 1/2 inch, if it's been lowered 2 inches already a one inch sut might be pretty drastic, but that just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X