X

Clutch Adjustment question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Adjustment question

I tried adjusting my clutch a while back according to HS2020's instructions.

I never felt "HIGH" resistance on the worm gear though. I could tighten it all the way in with two fingers and a small flathead screwdriver.

I tightened it till I felt "some" resistance and left it at that.

The clutch doesnt engage till the lever is almost all the way out. I believe it should engage about halfway though the sweep right?

Also on the 1/4" of play. Does that mean in the cable or in the handle it self. I can jiggle the hand a bit without it actually moving the cable any.

1/4 inch of play to me would mean at the lever.
    Normally this is measured at the pivot. You have something like 1/16 to 1/8 inch gap where the lever meets the bracket. Follow? I think your jiggle test is fine..

Now on the bottom adjustment;
    Is the mechanism lubed ok?

Does it rotate with no resistance?

Can you pull the rod out and it moves out and up to the throw out smoothly and with no resistance?

The firm resistance is when all the slack in the system is taken up and the rod is fully contacting the throw out plate in the clutch.

Comment

I found this same problem when i adjusted my clutch a few months back. "Firm Resistance" is a pretty lose term in the case of the worm gear. I mine untill a felt a difference in resistance and then back it off a quarter turn and it has worked great. As for the adjustment in the line...its functional but stiff, and it does engage very far out but still has a little but of play. I think its just the way kats are designed, but i could be wrong.
      Spacho

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        Now on the bottom adjustment;
        Is the mechanism lubed ok?
        I believe so, I will throw some lube on there though just in case.

Does it rotate with no resistance?
        It looks like it moves fine, no resistance I can see/feel

Can you pull the rod out and it moves out and up to the throw out smoothly and with no resistance?
        yes

Would giving the worm gear another turn or so do anything? Would it just make the clutch harder to pull?

Its raining out otherwise I'd just go fool with it

Comment

Vert PM me your number and I will help you with it tonight after I get through with baseball practice.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I went through and readjusted the clutch. I think I didnt turn the worm gear far enough out before so I never felt the resistance.

It feels alot better now havent gotten to ride it though so we'll see.

Comment

anyone have pictures of such a procedure. all these words mean greek to me....

Comment

Search for a manual download .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Search for a manual download .....
                  yep got it yesterday. thanks allykat for the manual.

Comment

Working...
                  X