X

Engine Dies when put into gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Dies when put into gear

Hello, I just picked up a 99 Katana ( only $300 buck). Was in rough shape when i got it (has been sitting for about 2 years). Got the engine to run (its running really rough however), and now when i try to drop it in gear as soon as i put it in gear it kills the engine (kickstand is up, clutch is pulled in, i know the obvious is done)

The wire going to the kickstand switch may be nicked somewhere, or the kickstand is slightly bent and not pressing the switch all the way.

First check and make sure the kickstand is pushing the switch all the way in. If that's not it, start at the switch and trace the wire back to the main harness while checking it for damage.

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Thanks Kiba, I went down and played with the kick stand switch and got it to work.

Comment

$300 , did that come with a clean title too. either way that's a steal !!!!. A little TLC , ok a lot and she's belooking awesome in no time.
        Kyle

Comment

Wow! 300 bucks? This will be nice to see you bring this Kat back to it's glory days.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Wow, that paint job looks like it was done by a glitter crazy 3rd grader....
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

A diamond in the rough !! Good score !!

That paint reminds me of the collection of shift knobs my dad had for his Freightliner back in the 70's.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                Wow, that paint job looks like it was done by a glitter crazy 3rd grader....
                Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll buy it off you for $350
                  I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

Working...
                  X