X

Merely confused

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merely confused

I'm getting fuel but not sure why my Kat won't start. Is it spark or timing?? It merely free wills like nothing is happening the engine just turns over. Where do I start?? How do I finish?? have not preformed any diagnostics. Cyberpoet, where are you???

Do you know if your getting spark at all?

From the posting that you had looking for new plastics and blinkers, sounded like you may have had a drop of some kind. Fill us in, let us know what is going on, and what could be the cause of this.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Oh yeah, aslo be careful about sitting on the starter for more than 6 or 10 seconds at a time, or you can burn them our really easy.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah , we're gonna need some more info here to help . What did you do ? "I'm the boss , need the info ." Have you taken off the coils or wires for some reason ? Drop it ? What have you taken apart and/or what work have you done/had done lately ? Got any naked pics of your sister ? I do ! :P Sorry , been cooped up in a car all day and I'm dead-tired . Seriously , help us help you .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: Merely confused

Originally posted by sqrly2u
          I'm getting fuel but not sure why my Kat won't start. Is it spark or timing?? It merely free wills like nothing is happening the engine just turns over. Where do I start?? How do I finish?? have not preformed any diagnostics. Cyberpoet, where are you???
          OK, grasshopper, start by pulling the spark plugs, looking at them. Do they look OK, or totally caked up? Try using an insulated tool to hold one against the exhaust header and turn over the bike -- do you see any sparking? Regularly, repetative sparking?

Like the others said, more info would be good. If you went down on the right side, I'd suspect the wire to the signal generator under the right-side engine cover.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I just spent a week in the warm, Im being sasrcastic, state of Wisconsin. When I first noticed the problem, my bike seemed to be out of time, ie...the firing appeared to be retarded. But it was cold here and I waited for a warm day to attempt to start it. (I wasnt sure if there was an advancer of some sort on it or not. Or if the cold weather would affect it) She started when it was warmer. I rode it and all seemed well. Now all it will do turn over. I have not troubleshot anything. Thought I would ask for some advice from the pros before I start chasing my tail.

Comment

Originally posted by sqrly2u
              Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I just spent a week in the warm, Im being sasrcastic, state of Wisconsin. When I first noticed the problem, my bike seemed to be out of time, ie...the firing appeared to be retarded. But it was cold here and I waited for a warm day to attempt to start it. (I wasnt sure if there was an advancer of some sort on it or not. Or if the cold weather would affect it) She started when it was warmer. I rode it and all seemed well. Now all it will do turn over. I have not troubleshot anything. Thought I would ask for some advice from the pros before I start chasing my tail.
              Replace the plugs as step 1, fuel as step 2.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X