X

new exhaust and jetting question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exhaust and jetting question.

I just bought this Yoshi and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

i have a Q about a slip- on . can you get a slip on and where. or should i buy a aftermarket can and weld it on .. thanks guys

Comment

I got a Vance & Hines SS2R slip-on because I wanted to keep the OEM header pipes. (save money) V&H says there is no need to re-jet but I did it anyway. If you want a loud machine, the SS2R (Dennis Kirk part#44-5105 for a 98-04 600 Kat $274.95) is the way to go. Very easy to install.www.denniskirk.com

Comment

Originally posted by bear265
        i have a Q about a slip- on . can you get a slip on and where. or should i buy a aftermarket can and weld it on .. thanks guys
        There are lots of slip ons out there for the Kat. Yosh, D&D, Hindle... etc.. I've always bought mine thru a dealer but I'm sure others will post some sites that carry. Check ebay , you never know what you'll find on there.

I have never heard of someone welding one on before.

Comment

Re: new exhaust and jetting question.

Originally posted by Badkitty
          ... and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
          I jetted my '03 after putting on the Hindle and it made quite a difference in the low range but I lost the higher speed. It made enough extra lowend grunt to get the wheel off the ground without dumping the clutch (according to Range atleast)

I went with the K&N jet kit AND filter. If you're doing the kit spend the extra 50 bucks and do the filter too. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by bear265
            I got my slip-on from "indysuperbikes.com".No welding required!! Only takes minuts to install.
            Where is loris sc?????

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hmmm...this site might help, but I remember reading somewhere (maybe in my FactoryPro jet kit instructions?) that slip on cans do not require a jet kit, it's the kind of air cleaner you run that really determines the need for a kit or not? Something like that...

Here's the Jet Kit site.
              My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                I just bought this Yoshi and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
                (A) You shouldn't have to rejet for a Yoshi on a 98+, just need to change the pilot screw settings to richen up the mix a little.
                (B) If you want more power, go for an Ivan's Performance Products stage 1 jetkit for the bike. Of the jet kits I've tried for the 98 - 05 Kat 600's, it is simply the best (and head & shoulders above K&N / DynoJet's stage 1 kit).
                (C) If you just want more acceleration, consider a sprocket change.

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

(B) If you want more power, go for an Ivan's Performance Products stage 1 jetkit for the bike. Of the jet kits I've tried for the 98 - 05 Kat 600's, it is simply the best (and head & shoulders above K&N / DynoJet's stage 1 kit).
                  I second that!!!

Comment

hey turbo ranger: How do you like the two brothers can? I am torn between a Hindle and a Two Brothers. Do you or anyone else have a sound clip of the two brothers? I love the look, havent heard one yet!

Comment

I Like the sound it puts out...its not overpowering but its not a stock sound either...I can't say what it sounds like in comparison to anything else because I've not seen or heard a Kat in my area other than mine. I don't have the ability to record and post a sound clip of it though. Only other member on here that i know of that has a Two Brothers is Trinc. He may have or know of a sound clip for it.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X