X

new exhaust and jetting question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exhaust and jetting question.

I just bought this Yoshi and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

i have a Q about a slip- on . can you get a slip on and where. or should i buy a aftermarket can and weld it on .. thanks guys

Comment

I got a Vance & Hines SS2R slip-on because I wanted to keep the OEM header pipes. (save money) V&H says there is no need to re-jet but I did it anyway. If you want a loud machine, the SS2R (Dennis Kirk part#44-5105 for a 98-04 600 Kat $274.95) is the way to go. Very easy to install.www.denniskirk.com

Comment

Originally posted by bear265
        i have a Q about a slip- on . can you get a slip on and where. or should i buy a aftermarket can and weld it on .. thanks guys
        There are lots of slip ons out there for the Kat. Yosh, D&D, Hindle... etc.. I've always bought mine thru a dealer but I'm sure others will post some sites that carry. Check ebay , you never know what you'll find on there.

I have never heard of someone welding one on before.

Comment

Re: new exhaust and jetting question.

Originally posted by Badkitty
          ... and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
          I jetted my '03 after putting on the Hindle and it made quite a difference in the low range but I lost the higher speed. It made enough extra lowend grunt to get the wheel off the ground without dumping the clutch (according to Range atleast)

I went with the K&N jet kit AND filter. If you're doing the kit spend the extra 50 bucks and do the filter too. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by bear265
            I got my slip-on from "indysuperbikes.com".No welding required!! Only takes minuts to install.
            Where is loris sc?????

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hmmm...this site might help, but I remember reading somewhere (maybe in my FactoryPro jet kit instructions?) that slip on cans do not require a jet kit, it's the kind of air cleaner you run that really determines the need for a kit or not? Something like that...

Here's the Jet Kit site.
              http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html
              My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                I just bought this Yoshi and i was wondering what kit or how i should rejet my 04' 600 Kat. As far as my expections i want alittle more torque and accerlation.The loss at top end doesnt bother me as i dont go fast.
                (A) You shouldn't have to rejet for a Yoshi on a 98+, just need to change the pilot screw settings to richen up the mix a little.
                (B) If you want more power, go for an Ivan's Performance Products stage 1 jetkit for the bike. Of the jet kits I've tried for the 98 - 05 Kat 600's, it is simply the best (and head & shoulders above K&N / DynoJet's stage 1 kit).
                (C) If you just want more acceleration, consider a sprocket change.

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

(B) If you want more power, go for an Ivan's Performance Products stage 1 jetkit for the bike. Of the jet kits I've tried for the 98 - 05 Kat 600's, it is simply the best (and head & shoulders above K&N / DynoJet's stage 1 kit).
                  I second that!!!

Comment

hey turbo ranger: How do you like the two brothers can? I am torn between a Hindle and a Two Brothers. Do you or anyone else have a sound clip of the two brothers? I love the look, havent heard one yet!

Comment

I Like the sound it puts out...its not overpowering but its not a stock sound either...I can't say what it sounds like in comparison to anything else because I've not seen or heard a Kat in my area other than mine. I don't have the ability to record and post a sound clip of it though. Only other member on here that i know of that has a Two Brothers is Trinc. He may have or know of a sound clip for it.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X