X

keeps dying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeps dying

bike will start up but must keep giving it throttle or it will die.got running enought to go to gas station . and was bogging down really bad (sorry its a 06 600 )first time ridding this year when put up i put in stable fuel treatment. Somebody turnned my fuel switch to prime and it drained the fuel

Thats where i'm at now can anyone help please
    sigpic

If the bike runs fine when u open the throttle, it's probably just a bad idle setting. Adjust the idle screw (under left fairing, accessible without removing fairing) so that the bike idles around 900-1000 rpm.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

well based on your comment that someone turned your petcock to prime and it drained all the fuel. Well where did it go, did you disconnect the fuel line or leave it connected. If you disconnected then the fuel went on the ground. However if you left the line connected and your statement was true then I'm afraid all the fuel from your tank is in your oil or in the cylinders.

Fuel should not flow if you have working floats, because the floats will shut the fuel off. With improper working floats it allows fuel to fill up your airbox and engine. So gas will fill up the engine. This is bad, could hydrolock the engine i guess, and lack of oil lubrication can cause your engine to go to hell quick. Check your oil level.

the above is based on the statement about fuel petcock set on prime and drained the tank

but since you road it hard to tell now. I say put some techron in the tank and just run the bike. should clear up. shouldn't be anything wrong, the bike is new.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

First stand the Kat on its centre stand and check the oil level. If you can see the oil then there shouldn't be any gas maxed with the oil. It would hurt to check the spark plugs eather.

Comment

well the bad news is there's 4 gal. of gas in my oil ...... Ya that sucks .......What is the next step i should take ? I was thinking about changing oil and filter and running for a day or two and then changing it again .Would that be the right thing to do or do i need to add anything to the oil?

Thanks for all the help
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd let it drain as much as possible and then do another change pretty soon.
            Red 1988 600F

Comment

Working...
            X