X

Need opinion before I order parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion before I order parts

I've done a TON of reading and used the search tool (awesome btw) tonight on gear & sprockets, and I have a few questions.

I'm riding a 05 - 600 kat. with stock gear & sprocket (15/47) and stock chain (118).. I need to replace my chain, well you do one you do them all, correct..

So I did a few hours of research on KR and I think this is what I want. I'm looking to get (14/50) Vortex sprockets w/ a (530) RK chain (122 length or longer).. I think this setup will launch me off the line faster, but loose on the top end, also allow me to lift the front end up better than this stock setup does. I do a lot of canyon riding, will this setup work well?

Now w/ this setup how often do you have to replace the chain? I've read that when you go -1 on the front sprocket your chain heats up faster and need to be replaced a lot sooner, correct ??
    I'm also having a hell of a time finding this setup as a kit. So I think I'll have to order them individually. I've clicked on every link that pertained to gear and sprockets from the search feature on KR, but couldnt find the combo kit I wanted. No big deal, I can order seperatly. I'm also ordering Ivans Jet Kit w/ K&N filters.. I'm hoping to launch outta the hole fast w/ the above setup.

Comments welcome/helpfull..

- Keep the shiny side up. !!

I have the same setup. And the chain length is still 118 links.
    Two years running with near 10000km chain still looks good.
    Lost 20 mph off top end and one litre of fuel used more then a stock Kat driving the same distance. But very exciting around town. You will need a speed healer or yellow box to correct the speedo.
    Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
      You will need a speed healer or yellow box to correct the speedo.
      Is this something that I have to have ?? I'm not really to concerned about what the speedo reads, as I'll just go w/ the flow of traffic if I see johnny-law. But if it's something I have to have, as it will mess up the engine or something, then I'll get it.

-=Peace

Comment

I did the same sproket setup but used th stock chain so 118 link is good to use. You can use the air filter but don't bother installing the jet kit until you get an aftermarket exhaust on it (I got the yosh rs-3). You really won't gain much from just the filter to spend the time to jet it. And no you don't need to get the yellow box thing... I didn't. The downside to having your speedo off is that it'll rack up more miles on the odometer that what you're really putting on it. If these don't bother you then don't worry about it. I've never heard of the chain heating up any faster or any hotter from changing the size of any sprokets so I would ignore that. The best price I've found them at is from Vortec's website. And yes you have to buy the chain and sprokets seperate.

A tool for adjusting the TPS Throttle Position Sensor voltage on any fuel injected motor that has an adjustable TPS

That's the site that is linked to Vortec's website to purchase through.
        ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Working...
        X