X

Oil leak gasp help..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak gasp help..........

Alright noticed this today while driving and got off and noticed that my shoe had some oil on it, gasp, noticed i had a bit of oil comming from one of the screws, don't ask me what the cover is called but if someone can post a pic i will gladly show you, friend of mine said it was prolly just an O-Ring but i am unsure and wanted to check with you guys 1st

bolt=red
    Attached Files
    f you can read this thank a teacher, if you an read this in English thank a VETERAN

Ignition cover . THINK there's an o-ring on one of the bolts , but I thought it was one of the top ones . Clean it and see where it's coming from .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

has it been removed lately? or has the bike been droped on that side? if yes then you could need a new gasket or a new ignition cover.

But first check to see if all the bolts are snug and not loose.

Comment

I didn't think much or any oil should be under that cover?

Comment

it hasn't been removed latelty, the bike has been sitting in my garage for about a month since i bought it and didn't have my license just noticed it yesterday, and it looks like it is comming from the bolt itself, my buddy thats got a gixxer said its prolly just a o-ring, God i hope it is.

and it looks like it is comming from the bolt itself
          f you can read this thank a teacher, if you an read this in English thank a VETERAN

Comment

Take the cover off and clean it out, There is an oil sensor in there that will seep oil into that ares.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Add a thin bead of this on to the gasket.

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

alright the bolt seemed a little loose, i tightend it drove the kat around my neighborhood came back and its not leaking now, (knocks on wood) i'll prolly ride to work to see for sure tomorrow

Comment

alright so far i got to work and no leaks keep your fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                  X