X

Pre 98 exhaust system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 exhaust system

Does anyone know where I can get an exhaust system for a 92 600 kat. I like the dual pipe look but I would maybe like to have a little more growl behind it and I don't want to pay for 2 slip ons. Anyone know of any options for me?

yep get a full system. You can get an older Yosh System, but someone did put a 98+ system on a pre98. You can get a V&H Supersport or SS2R system or a D&D system. That is the best you can do.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

i believe the F1's you can find from dennis kirk are double pipe i havnt heard them

Comment

I don't really mind switching to a 4 to 1 exhaust system, but where can I find those old D&D or Vance and hines systems?

Comment

Well you can buy the V&H 4 to 1 system pretty cheap new (~$325), but if wanted even cheaper..you're gonna have to put up a WTB thread and troll Ebay for a WHILE.

I much prefer the V&H to the D&D, just cause the D&D is ridiculously loud!

Comment

is there a big difference in how all of the differnt brands sound? I've heard DandD is loud...is it Cop giving you a ticket loud or just annoying loud? I've heard vandH is nice. Where could I find these systesm for a pre98 bike?

Comment

RJ SPORT & CYCLE

4918 MILLER TRUNK HWY
              DULUTH MN 55811
              218/729-5150

DULUTH LAWN & SPORT

4715 GRAND AVE
              DULUTH MN 55807
              218/628-3718

THUNDERSPORTS PERFORMANCE

69 N 28TH ST E
              SUPERIOR WI 54880
              715/392-4030

Comment

Old vance and Hines are crazy loud. They're louder than wind noise at highway speed (and that's freakin loud). I searched on eBay for another system and got a full Yoshi system, after selling the V&H the switch cost me about $12. I love the yosh, but I know most swear by Hindle (never heard one ) . Also keep in mind that the exhaust for a 750 will fit, just need more jetting.

I love eBay!

Comment

OK, here's a news flash. The Yoshimura system I have on my '95 600 (R&D 4 into 1 with aluminum race can) requires that I drop the entire system OFF THE BIKE to change my oil filter. No other way to get the filter out, won't fit. So keep this in mind...
                  My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

i have a yoshi and i love it sounds awesome im trying ot make my own headers here at school and ill let ya know how it goes, and ill prob use some kind of yoshi slip on im just not sure yet to make it a full exhaust

Comment

Working...
                    X