X

Hot bike problem...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot bike problem...

My daughter rides a mid-80's 700 Nitehawk. Nice bike, runs great, until the weather heats up. Then the bike doesn't want to start after being riden for awhile. It turns over but won't fire. Sounds like vapor lock to me, but what do you guys think?? And if it is vapor lock, what's the fix on a Honda 700?? Thanks and thanks!!!
    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

you know what everyone is going to say right? sell it and get a Kat. that is what it sounds like to me. but i'm not a mechanic.

www.vwvortex.com
    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Actually I'd like to give her mine and get a 750 Kat...but I keep getting the wifey-vetoe.

Comment

Originally posted by katrider
        Actually I'd like to give her mine and get a 750 Kat...but I keep getting the wifey-vetoe.
        sorry man

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Nah...it's all good.

Comment

I've heard about wiring harness' and coils heating up after a while causing bikes to shut down , but that usually seems to be something that happens all the time after a few minutes of riding , not just when it's warm or every so often . Sometimes bikes run better when it's colder becuase the mixture is a bit rich , and then is TOO rich when it gets hot enough . You ever check the plugs when that happens ?
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hmmm...no, haven't looked at the plugs, but it's now on the to-do list...

Comment

My yamaha did that alot..it started ok generally when cold, and ok generally when it was run on a quick or average length ride..but when it was overheated, it would try and turn over, but wouldnt fire up..then it cooled down and it was fine. Plugs were the culprit on that occasion.

Comment

Hmmm...a fourth possibility. And shamed to say, my daughter (and her husband...) are not the best at maintenance so these might be really old plugs

Comment

Working...
                  X