X

Throttle lagging a bit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle lagging a bit

I just recently got my Kat. A 2005 600. My two friends also have kats, pre 98's. It seems that their throttle on their bikes are a lot more responsive than mine. Theirs you just turn the throttle and go. Mine seems to lag a bit. Is this normal in 98 + or is there something wrong? I am going to sink the carbs within the next month or so. Will that help?
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Are the cables adjusted properly? Pre98 uses a single cable, and 98+ is a push/pull set up.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

how do i check if the cables are adjusted properly?

Comment

Could be carbs out of sync, sure. Also, was a jet kit installed? Could be that the carbs were never tuned correctly, too. Can you describe "responsive" in more detail?
        -Steve

Comment

Basically when i twist the throttle it takes longer for the bike to rev than my friend's pre-98's. Theirs you twist and the engine revs right away with the slightest twitch of the throttle. Mine lags a bit. I twist mine and it takes a little before it revs. Not like a few seconds, or even a second. But the lag is noticable

Comment

laggin

i had the same problem with my pre 98 when i bought it........ i put new plugs on it and it fixed it BIG time. you barely roll and it and it takes off now the olds plugs didn't look all that bad either

Comment

laggin

i had the same problem with my pre 98 when i bought it........ i put new plugs on it and it fixed it BIG time. you barely roll and it and it takes off now the olds plugs didn't look all that bad either

Comment

what do you mean plugs?

Comment

And they MAY have an advancer as well ...... But yeah , I DID notice the same thing comparing MY bike and a couple friends' 98+ 600's . I'm going to assume it's because of jetting differences and the advancer .....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can and should check your throttle cables for looseness or adjustment

I'd go for a carb cleaning and re-synch...........preferably on a dyno with an EGA (Exhaust Gas Analyzer).

Those plugs he mentioned were spark plugs no doubt............
                    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                    X