X

Dog Bones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Bones

Just wondering those who have gotten the shorter dog bones to raise the rear of your kitty, where did you get them, and how much did you pay?

I think this may be a mod I would like to do when I throw in the new engine.

Thanks!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

It is a mod Lou. Talk to Beekman. He can help you with how much you need to cut off. See if tricktape has them. I saw on the site a link for shorter dogbones.

Edit. They have them for the 98-04 600's so they should work for the 750 for those years as well. http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=234&1=604&3=3783
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I bought mine from wha. The price they have listed is $85. I also recall someone getting a set off a SVT and using them. don't quote me on that one though http://www.whaccessories.com/Suzuki%20GSX%20R.htm
      rock
      always working on mods

Comment

Cut 3/8" from the middle the reweld them. No more then that or the spring will hit the swing-arm.
        Bike is sold

Comment

my buddy got his made of a piece of diamond plate. while i have my swingarm off, i am most likely going to get a machine shop to duplicate them. hopefully it won't be anywhere near 60 bucks or more like some others have paid.
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I just went to a metal shop and said that I need one 3/8" in. shorter and they made me a new set for $10 each.
            DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Do a search on ebay. I saw a billet set on there for $35.00

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool61
                I just went to a metal shop and said that I need one 3/8" in. shorter and they made me a new set for $10 each.
                That's a great deal.
                Bike is sold

Comment

I am interested in finding longer ones to lower my Kat. Is there anyone who makes these already? I am at work right now, and a lot of sites are "forbidden".

OK... now I understand no answer to this. The links were to lowering links. DUH!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

New question.... will those same links work for a pre-'98 600? Or is something different with the dogbones?

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                      New question.... will those same links work for a pre-'98 600? Or is something different with the dogbones?
                      I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the pre 98 are not a straight bone.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think to look before, but after reviewing the fische, they are in fact different. Would changing to a 98-up swingarm change which dogbones I would need? Are they a direct swap?

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Working...
                        X