X

IT'S ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT'S ALIVE!

YES! The 771 hybrid came to life today. I need to do some work on the carbs and she runs wicked hot but it does run! i ran it for about an hour at idle on the center stand before it she over heated and shut down.
    Attached Files

Look'n good. Have you thought of Heat wrapping the headers if they are running real hot?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Great news.
      Bike is sold

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That is Awesome!!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Time to go find an oil cooler from a bandit 1200 and reweld the lower mounting tabs on the frame for the bigger oil cooler

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I thought of that Cyber and It won't work. I rewelded the tabs for a 750 oil cooler and it barely clears the header. I'm going to get some heat wrap for them before I run it again. I figured out the reason it shut down was because I vapor locked the carbs.

Comment

Ooohhh. I want one.
                AMA member # 224227

Comment

you got a perdy engine

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                    I thought of that Cyber and It won't work. I rewelded the tabs for a 750 oil cooler and it barely clears the header. I'm going to get some heat wrap for them before I run it again. I figured out the reason it shut down was because I vapor locked the carbs.
                    You might seriously want to track down some place in town the rebuilds radiators (actually does the work in-house) and get them to fab up a bigger oil radiator that clears the way you want, OR add stand-offs to the existing radiator OR add a fan to the set-up (like the California spec fan that blows air over the carbs to prevent vapor lock).

On the other side of the equation, seriously consider jetcoating instead of header wrap. Because of the mild steel used in the exhaust headers, header wrap on motorcycles usually leads to premature failure of the header. I just found out that jetcoating is simply a powdercoat product, so in theory, anyone who can powdercoat and cure-bake to 1000 degrees F can do jetcoating (aluminum-ceramic powdercoat effectively).

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Part of the reason I really don't want to mess with my header is because I'm running a full D&D Chrome system. It doesn't make much sense to pay what I did for it and turn around and cover up the chrome. I talked to a friend of mine today that does radiator work and he is going to look at what I have this weekend and see what he thinks. He is pretty sure he can make me a custom oil cooler in his shop. I thought of the fan as well and have tracked down two online, the problem is they want almost new prices for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                        I thought of the fan as well and have tracked down two online, the problem is they want almost new prices for them.
                        Consider finding either an industrial vendor of fans (I have several such catalogs here), or simply modding a set of 12v computer fans with some silicone & heatshrink to make the wiring waterproof. The computer fans won't last nearly as long (because they expect a perfect 12 volt state instead of one that ranges up to 14.7 volts), but hey, you can find them for under $5.

Actually, send Malloc a PM; he removed his fan a couple weeks ago and doesn't need it.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X