X
X

Crossing over parts, a how to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The go to another fiche website like bikebandit.com which has the bike listed. Find the part you want to know about. Copy the part number, and do an over all site search for the part number.

The results will have a link to click for "Fits Machines" on the left side of the results. Click that to show a list of all bikes it's used on.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Try http://www.alpha-sports.com/
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thank you. i will try when i have a better connection.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Thanks BP

Comment

Looks like this feature's been removed again

Comment

Originally posted by Tippon View Post
              Looks like this feature's been removed again

Yeah, ronayers for one just did a major change on their website... not exactly for the better so far.

krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

dealers.ronayers.com

(someone's wife told me this )
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  dealers.ronayers.com

(someone's wife told me this )
                  That's great, thanks

Would I be right in assuming that if part no. 62100-19C21 is only listed for up to a '97 Kat, that it won't fit onto anything later? I used the Reverse Part Lookup to find the details.

Comment

Are you trying to do a shock swap? It would be easier if you just started an on topic post for your own issue.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      Are you trying to do a shock swap? It would be easier if you just started an on topic post for your own issue.
                      Sorry, I've started a topic here:

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                      swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                      Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

I just wanted to make sure I was using the tool correctly, as I may need to buy more second hand parts soon and wanted to avoid multiple threads if possible

Comment

Not sure if i am using it wrong or what, but i was trying to find if carbs from an 89 katana 1100 would work in a 93 katana. I may have a chance to buy a non running 89 to use as a parts bike, but wanted to know if that would be a wise investment or not. Any info would be great.

Comment

Very useful

Comment

this is a great site.

Comment

95 to 98 rebuild

So in the intro's i posted about my 95 rolling chassis to wrecked 98 rebuild. Nothing like working with the actual parts. So this is what I have found out mechanically that would apply to more than just those dates but pre and post Katanas.

The fork stabilizer plate on the 95 is 0.158" thick. The 98 is 0.090', not a place to save weight or make cheaper.

The steering stem bearings on the 95 are tapered roller, the bearings on the 98 are ball bearings in a plastic cage. The top and bottom triple tree have 2 pinch bolts instead of 4. All fit into the '98 (after changing races) and using the 95 stem nut.

The front calipers on the 95 are 4-pot, the 98 is 2-pot albeit larger pads.
                              The 95 does not have a banjo bolt fitting on the calipers. Rotors are interchangeable. The 95 has a 5/8" master cylinder bore the 98 a 14mm.

The fork components are the same except the 95 spring is not progressive and the compression tube is longer. Took the best of both.

The 95 has a mechanical speedo, use 98 spacers on axle. Wheels are the same, just different finish. The clip-ons only have one bolt groove. The main key switch is interchangeable (not the key).

So, the front end is together as a hybrid. Controls installed Tank is cleaned and rust treated. Gas cap cleaned and operating All key tumblers keyed alike. Need a new gas cock. Carbs rebuilt and pilot jets corrected.

This is a side project for me so I work on it when I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X