X

D&D or Yoshimura RS3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D or Yoshimura RS3?

Hey guys I can't make up my mind here and I was wondering if you would tell me the plus's and downsides to each one of these pipes? There is a bit of a price difference D&D is 221.00 and the Yosh is 261.00 I am going go ahead and get a k&n filter when I add the slip on......So what do you guys think? What pipe would be better?

Thank you
    IX

ok well, if youve read any of the other posts concerning exhausts on this forum youll knwo what im bout to say, save your money and get a fullexhaust, then that will help when you do the k&n, as well as a good ole stage 1 jet kit thats easy stuff but for the money id say just save it get liek a nother couple hundred saved up and get some headers too its soooo worth it, but if you want my advise on slipon's id say yosh sounds the best but d&d is just loud, so if you want loud d&d is the way to go but if you want tuned sound then yoshimura is yoru key

Comment

Full exhausts are the best performance way to go..but if ur checkbook is like mine,..its not liking the full exhaust right now, but Im so sick of the no sound stock, I just cant take it anymore, so slip on, here I come.

D&D or Hindle for me!

Comment

i'm leaning toward the Hindle myself

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

dont get a D&D, those things are the most annoying pipes out there. If you want loud for the sake of being loud, get a Harley.

The RS-3 Yosh is a perfect fit for the Kat
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I got my D&D for people like him above. They are loud BUT they sound absolutely amazing at the top of the rev range. AND no yoshi (unless you remove the baffles) will sound that way!!! I wouldnt trade you my D&D for 6 yosi cans, had one and wont go back!!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

absolutely amazing in what way, in a make someones ears bleed kinda way? There are loud pipes that sound nice, like Wileyco.

And then there are pipes that are loud for the sake of being loud, thats D&D. If you got your D&D's because poeple like me think they are too loud then thats a perfect example of what D&D's are all about. Pissing people off and making noise.

They are the kinda pipes that get police interested in bustin motorcyclists balls.
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

look see its already pissed him off......they are not as loud as you say...ears bleeding???? come on! they are loud but ( I think) in a good way. Just a preference I thing I guess....

BTW I have never had a run in with the law for my pipe. I have also never heard af anyone else having problems with the D&D and the law!!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i like the yoshi pipes. sounds good, decently loud but not annoyingly loud. sounds tuned. i dont like the D&D just because i dont like something thats that loud. but for people that do like thier bike to be that loud its a great exhaust.

my opinion would be yoshi.
                  -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

If you go Yosh, go full system. Yosh slip-ons make the least power of the slip-ons (at least during the 600 comparo). A full Hindle would be sweet however, cost gets in the way there. As an alternative, why not Jardine. Just a little more for a full system. You'd need to re-paint the header pipes before putting them on (cheap pfactory paint) but they are nice and the header pipes are huge!!!
                    sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                    MSF Rider Coach 27028
                    MoPowerSports.com
                    Torco
                    SoCalTrackDays

Comment

two brothers sounds the best.

tim

Comment

Between the two choices you listed, Yosh sounds better to me, I have one. But I am a subtle kind of guy. If I could get any one for my bike? Probably Hindle, for the exhaust note.
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
                          look see its already pissed him off......they are not as loud as you say...ears bleeding???? come on! they are loud but ( I think) in a good way. Just a preference I thing I guess....

BTW I have never had a run in with the law for my pipe. I have also never heard af anyone else having problems with the D&D and the law!!
                          +1 on that.

I love my D&D as well.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have read many many opinions about exhaust on the site as well as KP. Every one is always trashing the Vansen Hines pipes. Why? I don't understand what is wrong with them. Why do the DandD and Hindel get so much good pr? Somone please tell me. thanks

Comment

I have never seen Vance and Hines getting Thrashed on this site.

Vance and Hines makes some very nice systems for the pre 98 Kats and Gixxers, but it seems to me that after 98+, a wider range of options opened up for your slip-on choices. D&D for those who like to be a bit on the loud side, and Yoshi for those who want a different tone than the stock can offers, but keep there volume down some.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X