X

D&D or Yoshimura RS3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacksheep
    I have read many many opinions about exhaust on the site as well as KP. Every one is always trashing the Vansen Hines pipes. Why? I don't understand what is wrong with them. Why do the DandD and Hindel get so much good pr? Somone please tell me. thanks
    With slip ons there really isn't *much* difference other than the materials that it is made from, fit and finish, etc. The Hindle's happen to be the nicest slip on available for the Kat. Extremely well made and top-notch as far as a slip on goes. The V&H pipes are not bad, but they are a "middle of the road" slip on.

Obviously, the best thing you could do for your bike is a new full system. But not everyone has the $$$ to make that kind of investment. You definitely want to save up and get something that is a decent product and buy the most you can afford. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed and will have wasted your money trying to save a buck. Trust me, we're all for saving a buck, but not on something like an exhaust.
    If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Re: D&D or Yoshimura RS3?

Originally posted by Ironxtreme
      I am going go ahead and get a k&n filter when I add the slip on..
      An interesting tid bit for you...K&N filters tend to cause a hp loss. Not sure why, but our dyno has consistently shown a 2-3 hp loss. The one benefit of the K&N is that their filters are reusable. But we always recommend to our customers to save your money and stay with a stock filter. Much cheaper and product better results.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speedwerks
        The Hindle's happen to be the nicest slip on available for the Kat. Extremely well made and top-notch as far as a slip on goes. .
        glowing review...and you can update it later with headers and a new mid-pipe to have a full exhaust!

Yosh are gorgeous...and a mellow sound...do not buy a D&D without actually hearing one prior.

I LOVE being behind 977Blue and his obnoxiously loud D&D...but could not imagine it on my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          Originally posted by Speedwerks
          The Hindle's happen to be the nicest slip on available for the Kat. Extremely well made and top-notch as far as a slip on goes. .
          glowing review...and you can update it later with headers and a new mid-pipe to have a full exhaust!
          That is really the best advantage. Hindle is the only company that has a system that can be added on to. You can start with a slip on, then if you decide you want a full system, you don't have to buy a whole system. You just buy the rest of what you need. That is the greatest feature ever, especially if you're looking for a full exhaust down the road.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

hey speed-

i heard that D&D does that too. but i also heard that they don't. what can you tell me?
            if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I think you can do that with the Holeshot too...
              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X