X

Oil Leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak

I guess when my friend laid the kat down, it has cracked the case. When on the side stand there is a small oil leak. It can't be very big because there has been no loss of compression. Is there any way to fix this without having to replace the case?
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

i think you can jb weld it together.

Long Live the D

Comment

JB weld no matter how good of a job you do will eventually start leaking. I think you have to replace it.

Comment

Find a good welder.. I mean a good one..
        I bet it could be fixed for not a lot of $$

Comment

(A) Compression is specific to the cylinders, not the oil galley.
          (B) Did he just crack one of the engine covers? This is usually the case, in which case it can be patched with JB Weld (high-temp version should be used) or better yet, simply replaced (covers are pretty cheap). If he cracked the block itself, time to go see someone with very good aluminum welding skills.

Good Luck!
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
            JB weld no matter how good of a job you do will eventually start leaking. I think you have to replace it.
            Oh I beg to differ . I JB welded my oil pan a FEW years ago , and the ONLY reason it started leaking was because the bolt from my exhaust clamp got shoved through it when I hopped a curb . I've repaired a FEW covers with the stuff , and NEVER had a leak afterwards . I clean the surface REALLY well first with brake cleaner if possible , but even a couple times when I couldn't do that , it still worked fine . And I ALWAYS use the JB Kwik , no less .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X