Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Another question about timing advancer???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about timing advancer???

As I found out from Cyber today I may not need a timing advancer for my 2003 750. Is there a difference between Can. and US models?
    Apparently Can. models come with 10 degrees advance allready and US comes with only 4 degrees advance? Any info. on that? How about all the Canadians with this mod? I need help before I rip my Kat apart.
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

well...my 99 didn't have it...now Froggy's does!

Cyber MIGHT be misinformed, but he is usually dead-on.

Do you know what your STOCK sprocket set up is?

My 15/45 is a CDN thing I am told...but there does not seem to be any confirmation for this. (There is a number stamped on the sprocket)

Comment

Well the bike is at my friend,s shop so I can't look at it now. Is there a way to find out which set-up the bike came with?

Comment

sorry for the hi-jack, just wondering if this iggy advancer is adjustable, im wondering if u can retard timing and increase timing as you wish??

cheers.joe.

Comment

Re: Another question about timing advancer???

Originally posted by rotary13b
          As I found out from Cyber today I may not need a timing advancer for my 2003 750. Is there a difference between Can. and US models?
          Apparently Can. models come with 10 degrees advance allready and US comes with only 4 degrees advance? Any info. on that? How about all the Canadians with this mod? I need help before I rip my Kat apart.
          My source for that info was the factory workshop manuals (the very back of the book, specs for jetting & ignition advance for various markets), which I was digging through a while back to see what the differences were to help write my own Kat book. If you have access to the factory manual for the 750, look around section 10-7 or so, and find the specs for country E-28, which is Canada.

Originally posted by crazymofo
          sorry for the hi-jack, just wondering if this iggy advancer is adjustable, im wondering if u can retard timing and increase timing as you wish??
          The stock one is not "adjustable" as-is. There are adjustable ones on the market, but most people who use advancers opt for a specific advance amount instead, which reduces the likeliness of the part drifting the settings over time. On the 98+ kats, the system already retards and increases timing based on the TPS input, RPM input and speed input (all are fed into the ignitor).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

O.K Cyber help me out here. I looked in the Suzuki manual for 2003 750. I noticed that each year has a spec in the specifications and in the chart. For some years they are different. Also I never so a spec that was different from Can. or US other than E-18. Here they are:
            1998 models: no spec. page
            chart only 5 degrees B.T.D.C at 1100 RPM E-18
            10 degrees B.T.D.C at 1200 RPM other countries

1999 models: p 8-2 spec 13 degrees B.T.D.C at 1100 RPM E-18
            10 degrees B.T.D.C at 1200 RPM others
            p 8-9 chart same as above

2000 models: p 9-2 spec 13 degrees B.T.D.C at 1100 RPM E-18
            p9-10 chart 5 degrees B.T.D.C at 1100 RPM E-18

2001 models: p10-2 spec 13 degrees B.T.D.C at1100 RPM E-18
            p10-9 chart 5 degrees B.T.D.C at 1100 RPM E-18
            10 degreesB.T.D.C at 1200 RPM others

2002 models: p11--2 spec 13 degrees at 1100 for E-18
            13 degrees at 1200 for others
            p11-9 chart 13 degrees at 1100 for E-18
            10 degrees at 1200 for others
            2003 models: p12-3 spec 10 degrees B.T.D.C at 1200 RPM
            one spec only , no chart
            By looking at the charts only 2000 and 2001 models were 5 degrees. I dont see any with 4 degrees?

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
              By looking at the charts only 2000 and 2001 models were 5 degrees. I dont see any with 4 degrees?
              I was looking at the 600 Suzuki manuals for the USA which has the specs broken out both for the carbs (different main jet, pilot jet and throttle valve size for certain markets, plus different pilot screw settings) and different advance for certain countries. I was making an educated guess that the retarded (4 degrees) advance on the US/Swiss/Austrian late-model GSX600F models would be approximately duplicated (5 degrees is close enough) on the 750 US/Swiss/Austrian models in order to comply with sound & pollution level requirements. Have pity on me; my headcold is ravaging my brain...
              What does it list for E-03 (USA 49-state) and E-33 (California models)? Generally best performance should occur somewhere around 9-12 degrees BTDC. Thus, if you already have 9 or more degrees, an additional advance isn't recommended. On the other hand, if you're down in the 4 to 5 degree range, stick that advancer in and let me know your impressions.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The only different one that is listed in the manual is E-18 so I would say US is included in all the others. All the specs. above are as they're in the manual. I also send an e-mail to Suzuki Canada, will see what info they will send back. I also pm Special K since he always works on the bikes, I wonder what his opinion will be like. I will keep u posted. Thanks

Comment

Also what I forgot to mention to u Cyber is that all those specs are at idle which means they are base timing not advance.
                  Advance timing is measured at higher RPM usuly specified by manufacture.

Comment

Working...
                  X