X

STEERING DAMPER!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEERING DAMPER!!!

I found a place that can get steering dampers for 98+ Kat.
    The owner told me on the phone that they are made by BITUBO for 600, however I'm sure they will work on 750. It comes in different colors, with all the mounting brackets and has 18 settings. The price I was told is $440.00 Can. + tax. The company is located in Toronto area.
    web is : eurocorsa.com
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

You don't need it . Why don't you use that money for the "future mods" in your profile ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Unless you are wheelie prone, a steering damper is pretty much a waste on a Kat. The rake angle and long bike geometry combine to provide a stable platform that tends to lessen headshake when induced, instead of having it increase (which happens on bikes with very aggressive rake angles). I'd use the money elsewhere... If you are getting headshake and it's not from off-center landings from wheelies, I'd advise using that money towards new headstock (steering stem) bearings, tire balancing and/or replacement (depending on wear), and checking the wheels & rotors to see if they are true (replace as necessary).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes I do wheele time to time, and no I do not get any vibration from my front end or brake rotors. ( bike has only 6500 km). I got it because I rode a Kat with it in Europe last summer and it makes the bike much more stable when u are on the highway on the windya day (especially when the wind hits u from the side) It happened to me last year, I was on a freeway doing about 140 km/h when the wind hit me and took me across 2 lanes. Another reason why I got is track days.
        As per other mods timing advancer is on its way (thanks to spesial K)
        Header and K&N will have to wait untill I decied on a jet kit, because few guys from local race shops told me that the bike can be tuned without one , with better resolts using dyno? I have to look in to it and see wich way to go.

Comment

Yes I do wheeile time to time, and no I do not get any vibration from my front end or brake rotors. ( bike has only 6500 km). I got it because I rode a Kat with it in Europe last summer and it makes the bike much more stable when u are on the highway on the windya day (especially when the wind hits u from the side) It happened to me last year, I was on a freeway doing about 140 km/h when the wind hit me and took me across 2 lanes. Another reason why I gotit is track days.
          Header and K&N will have to wait untill I decied on a jet kit, because few guys from local race shops told me that the bike can be tuned without one , with better resolts using dyno? I have to look in to it and see wich way to go.

Comment

Yes I do wheelie time to time, and no I do not get any vibration from my front end or brake rotors. ( bike has only 6500 km). I got it because I rode a Kat with it in Europe last summer and it makes the bike much more stable when u are on the highway on the windya day (especially when the wind hits u from the side) It happened to me last year, I was on a freeway doing about 140 km/h when the wind hit me and took me across 2 lanes. Another reason why I got it is track days.

Comment

Sorry tried to correct some mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
                Yes I do wheele time to time, and no I do not get any vibration from my front end or brake rotors. ( bike has only 6500 km).
                Which makes me ask what tires are on there (the stock Macadams are crap, the stock dunlops offered in some countries are marginally better).

I got it because I rode a Kat with it in Europe last summer and it makes the bike much more stable when u are on the highway on the windya day (especially when the wind hits u from the side) It happened to me last year, I was on a freeway doing about 140 km/h when the wind hit me and took me across 2 lanes. Another reason why I got is track days.
                Sounds like you already forked out the $$. Good luck with it!

Use the advancer only if you have an US-spec bike. If you have a Candian-spec bike, the advancer will not actually benefit you (the stock advance on the Canadian-spec bike is already 10 degrees BTDC; the US-spec is 4 degrees BTDC and the advancer adds another 5 degrees for a total of 9). You can check the VIN to see if the bike was homogulated for the Candian or US specs; the country-code is built into the VIN.

I put Ivan's JetKit into Malloc's 750 and was very pleased with the results; they were definitely better than the DynoJet (also sold under the K&N brand) kit. I haven't tried the factory pro kits on a 750.
                A dyno will work well, as would adding an exhaust sensor. I just ordered an exhaust sensor and gauge for my bike (as well as an oil-temp gauge).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the info. Cyber, as per tires u are right they are original Dunlops. I will keep them untill they wear out. How can u tell by looking at the VIN wich is Can / US model. I know how it works with the cars are the bikes same. My vin starts JS1 wich is Japan , Suzuki...,right?

Comment

Thanks for the info. Cyber, as per tires u are right they are original Dunlops. I will keep them untill they wear out. How can u tell by looking at the VIN wich is Can / US model. I know how it works with the cars are the bikes same. My vin starts JS1 wich is Japan , Suzuki...,right?
                    What are characters 4 through 8? GN79A?

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

They Are: JS1GR7GA.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the 750 VIN series to spot it based on that, but there are some other ways to tell:

Candian homogulations will have a ICES label on the welded frame brace member going between the primary frame and the bottom of the steering stem on the right side (about 5" below where the VIN plate sits). This label isn't there on the US models.

The US & California homogulations will have a manual notice label under the seat by the seat latch mechanism that will not be there on Canadian versions.

You can also call your local Suzuki dealership and get them to tell you (at least in theory, they should be able to).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X