X

need some help with an exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with an exhaust

i don't know much about exhaust but i'm looking into getting one for my 04 600 kat but i'm not sure on what to get so if you could help me with a few questions i would be grateful.

first of all what is the difference between a full system, a slip on, & a bolt on. Do you get more power or better sound with one then another & what is the best option to go with.

Slip-on is mostly about looks and sound . Some MIGHT get you a horse up on top . Full system (along with proper jetting) WILL get you more power , but cost alot more than a slip-on . Bolt-on is basically a slip-on . Search this site and you'll see lots about it , including a link to another site with sound clips .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A slip on Hindle is good, all the Canadians have them, they rock. My significant other has one on his R6, I have the same on the Kat and it sounds even better.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

if you do a search then you will see about 100 different topic's about exhaust you will find all you need to know

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
          A slip on Hindle is good, all the Canadians have them, they rock. My significant other has one on his R6, I have the same on the Kat and it sounds even better.
          "All the Canadians"? I don't think so. Just Range's little rat pack has Hindles. The cool kids have Yoshi
          I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
            "All the Canadians"? I don't think so. Just Range's little rat pack has Hindles. The cool kids have Yoshi
            I'm not canadian, or in Rage's little pack, But I do now have a Hindle and love it. Yoshi's are priced too high for me..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

HINDLE!!!
              Bike is sold

Comment

I'll handle this one for the new guy. Don't let all these people try and strong arm ya, go for the D&D. Its an awsome product, you will not be disspointed, HOWEVER, this is my disclaimer. it is the loudest exhasut you can buy. my buddies ride with me and they can't get enough of the sound. it really sounds great on the kat.
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
                  I'll handle this one for the new guy. Don't let all these people try and strong arm ya, go for the D&D. Its an awsome product, you will not be disspointed, HOWEVER, this is my disclaimer. it is the loudest exhasut you can buy. my buddies ride with me and they can't get enough of the sound. it really sounds great on the kat.
                  I, for one, hate the D&D's. My other half has one on her Ninja 500 and I will do almost anything in my power not to ride behind her... it's so loud as to be painful after about 20 minutes (she won't let me repack it either -- she loves the noise). I have to agree that the Hindles sound the best out of all the aftermarket exhausts I've heard on the late model Kats.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    Originally posted by soccersteve
                    I, for one, hate the D&D's. My other half has one on her Ninja 500 and I will do almost anything in my power not to ride behind her... it's so loud as to be painful after about 20 minutes (she won't let me repack it either -- she loves the noise). I have to agree that the Hindles sound the best out of all the aftermarket exhausts I've heard on the late model Kats.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Coming from Cyber and Spedee...I guess my little Rat Pack is smarter then most! 8)

Comment

Hindle is actually one of very few that you can get a full system from. It'll not only look much better, but sound much better along with a few extra horses. You could start with slip on and midpipe if you can't afford the headers and later get the headers (need another midpipe then).
                      Hindle is slightly louder, and with a deeper growl than the Yosh which also sounds great. Thankfully, it is not as loud as the D&D which is over the top...nice for about 5 minutes but teeth grittingly irritating after that. Forget the D&D if you like longer drives.
                      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

HINDLE!!!!!!

Comment

I have a HINDLE as well!!!
                          www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
                            I wouldn't consider Nick, myself, Katanuck and Jackal part of his gang! We are over here in west Ontariario!

*edit, and the fine gentleman above^

Comment

I just got done installing Ivan's JetKit for the 98 - 05 Kat 600 late this week and today was the first chance I got to go riding with it -- oddly, now the stock exhaust sounds much more like a hindle... but the same was true of Malloc's 750 when stuck Ivan's kit in his.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X