No announcement yet.
X

need some help with an exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Ivan's jet kit is now available? His website still says "coming soon".....I'm dying to get my hands on it.....especially after he got 7HP out of a slip-on with that kit on the Kat750.
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
      So Ivan's jet kit is now available? His website still says "coming soon".....I'm dying to get my hands on it.....especially after he got 7HP out of a slip-on with that kit on the Kat750.
      Call his phone number, tell the girl or Ivan that the CyberPoet sent you and that you want to get your hands on one of the kits now (they might toss in a free Tshirt if you mention me).
      I gained a bit of midrange power (a little, not massive amounts), but the torque curve smoothed out a bunch (that dip around 4200 RPM is gone) and the bike sounds far more aggressive. I may have lost some very top-end power (above 110 mph), but I'm going to tinker and talk with Ivan about it (a O2 sensor & gauge is also enroute from another vendor, so I'll know if it's going too lean, too rich, etc at that speed/rpm combo).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Originally posted by DooD
        Call his phone number, tell the girl or Ivan that the CyberPoet sent you and that you want to get your hands on one of the kits now (they might toss in a free Tshirt if you mention me).
        I gained a bit of midrange power (a little, not massive amounts), but the torque curve smoothed out a bunch (that dip around 4200 RPM is gone) and the bike sounds far more aggressive. I may have lost some very top-end power (above 110 mph), but I'm going to tinker and talk with Ivan about it (a O2 sensor & gauge is also enroute from another vendor, so I'll know if it's going too lean, too rich, etc at that speed/rpm combo).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        How easy was it to install??
        Do you need to get it tuned on a dyno or is it something a home mechanic can do?
        I definetly want one but I don't want to pay $65 per hour to get it installed. Plus the $35 per run on a dyno to get it tuned.
        DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool61
          How easy was it to install??
          Do you need to get it tuned on a dyno or is it something a home mechanic can do?
          I definetly want one but I don't want to pay $65 per hour to get it installed. Plus the $35 per run on a dyno to get it tuned.
          It was painfully easy to install. 8 parts to change (2 per carb), which is 6 screws to remove and replace per carb for the disassembly. Goes in like virtually any other jetkit. No post-install tuning should be necessary if you're running the stock air filter & exhaust.

Instructions:
          Removing fairings, gas tank, airbox and disconnect throttle/choke cables.
          Remove carbs.
          Turn carbs over and check for presence of access to the main adjustment screw (US bikes that have never been touched will have metal pressed-in covers over them -- the kit includes a drill bit & self-tapping screw for drilling them then using the screw to pull out the remainders). Note that the second finger is pointed slightly wrong in the following picture ( click for image )

Remove the top (black plastic) cover on a carb, remove the spring, slide out the slide diaphram, unclip the beige plastic piece by pulling up to release it, then remove the needle & shims. Install the new needles, reusing the stock shims, reassemble and screw down cover again.
          Turn carbs over, open float bowls (caution: screws may want to strip; consider use of vice-grips on the sides of the float bowl screws to loosen them minorly before taking a screwdriver to them). Find the tallest piece in there (the main jet), unscrew the stock jet and screw in the replacement). Close it up again.
          Now set the adjustment screw that was uncovered to 4 turns out (special note: when closing it down to start counting out again, you want to only go down to the point that it starts to have resistance, not mashing it all the way down to absolutely closed -- so as not to damage the seals).

You're done with the jetkit installation. This is the right time to do a carb sync; reinstall carbs, sync them (engine hot, airbox in place), then reinstall the gas tank, the fairings.

For more info on carb tuning, pics, see Factory Pro Carb Tuning pages

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet[/img]
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X