HELP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suzukiwookie
    ...and pour some oil in each cylinder.
    Just a tablespoon per cylinder or so. Remember, the entire cylinder is 149.9cc's -- you don't want to fill up too much of that with oil, just enough to bath the rings (which sit lower than the piston crown).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Two questions:

1. Where is the oil cap located.

2. Do I have to remove the gas tank in order to a)change the oil, and b)Change the spark plugs?

Comment

#1...behind the oil door...it is an oval cutout on the fairing (on the 98+ anyways) remove the allen bolt...it is behind it.

#2...Tank can stay on for oil...but must come off for Sparkplugs.

Careful routeing the fuel lines...when you put it back on, you might kink it.

did you find the oil drain plug?...it is right at the bottm of your engine...

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          #1...behind the oil door...it is an oval cutout on the fairing (on the 98+ anyways) remove the allen bolt...it is behind it.

#2...Tank can stay on for oil...but must come off for Sparkplugs.

Careful routeing the fuel lines...when you put it back on, you might kink it.

did you find the oil drain plug?...it is right at the bottm of your engine...

good luck!
          Hey thanks!

I was wondering what that port cover on the side of the bike was for! I did find the oil drain plug on the bottom of the bike.

I'm going to give it a try.. wish me luck!

Comment

ONE MAJOR WORD OF WARNING:

USE A TORQUE WRENCH WHEN YOU PUT THE DRAIN BOLT BACK IN.
            The bolt is made of harder stuff than the oil pan, and thus can strip the pan out very easily if you tighten it like you might a normal bolt... The correct amount of force is 16.5 ft-lb; 19 & over will strip it and 14.5 & under will let it vibrate out later.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Don't forget a new crush washer . I couldn't find any at any hardware stores around here , so I stopped at one of those "quick change" oil places and they gave me a few . Helps to know what size you need . I brought an old one with me .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

McBrides is good and if u buy their members card u will get discounts.
                www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Thanks everybody.

Will get a torque wrench from my dad's shop! I think he probably has some washers too. Good idea!

I hope to have this bike on the road by the end of March!

Comment

Working...
                  X