New to the site and got a ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site and got a ??

Hey guys

My bike (00' Kat 600) just started making a low vibration noise similar to what another topic described as a diesel noise when engaged at low RPMs. It goes away past 3,500rpm, and isn't there at all when in neutral or clutch is in. No real loss of performance, maybe a little slower off the line but nothing huge...yet. Also the noise speeds up when accelerating.

I noticed it a few days after it tipped while stopped (2 weeks ago), but the engine was on for a moment. Any suggestions might help.

Smittyy

email is [email protected]

Only makes the noise in gear while in motion. Sound goes away above 3500RPM.
    That means the noise is probably post-engine, in the tranny, chain or rear wheel (such as the brake rotor rubbing). The fact that it goes away above 3500 RPM implies to me that it might be the chain, or you landed heavy on the shifter (did it fall to the left or to the right?).

Start with the obvious: check the chain and rear wheel alignment.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It fell to the right, and the handlebars never touched the ground. So hopefully it's the chain, but that was recently tightened about 400 miles ago. I'll take a look-see and get back to you. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X