Air box problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air box problem

Hi recently I recieve and air box that I bought from here

Well I was taken from a 1100 89 the exact bike that i have but my carbs are a larger than the boots in the air box. my question is is their something that conect in between the air box and the carbs other than this boots? hop somebady could help thanks

Use the boots from your old airbox.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

are you sure they are too small? getting them in there is a nightmare to say the least. I had to "lube" mine up and use a hook to get them in there.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        are you sure they are too small? getting them in there is a nightmare to say the least. I had to "lube" mine up and use a hook to get them in there.
        What did you use for lube? It just seems impossible to connect.
        Candy causes Cavities!

Comment

I know, I hate putting it back on!!!

Comment

I have tried many different approaches, but here is the one that works best for me.

Starting out with three pieces. Carbs, Airbox, and Filter, all seperated from each other. Sitting on the floor, I put the airbox on the carbs, making sure they are seated well, and tightened up good. Then set that assembly into the frame and with your right hand up inside the air box, push the carbs into the engine boots. Then tighten them up. You have to remove the rear gas tank support bracket to have good clearance though. But that is not too hard.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I'll try it!!!!
              Candy causes Cavities!

Comment

Working...
              X