X

kickstand switch adjustment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstand switch adjustment?

is there any way to adjust the kickstand switch? i had my kickstand chopped since the bike was lowered, now it has a better lean to it instead of sitting upright. but the location of the bottom of the kickstand is right under the gear shift when it's up. so i have to wedge my foot in between the kickstand and the pedal while riding. my concern is that my foot may accidentally knudge the kickstand, and i don't have the room to spare before the switch kills the engine. if i can give the switch a tad more slack, i won't have to worry about it killing the engine if my foot touches it or if i hit a good bump....

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

my guess ... simplest way is shortening the pin it will solve the problem.

Comment

Or remove/disable the switch ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Bend the tab, carefully, that engages the pin. It sounds like a bad placement for that kickstand though. Is there anyway to relocate it in some way? Sounds like the stand is bent outward, which would put it in the way. IMHO that is not a good solution.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

well, i need to lengthen the pin, so the stand can hang a tiny bit lower without the switch killing the engine. i thought about bending the tab on the stand itself, but didn't know if there was any way to adjust the switch first. also, i really like having that switch on there. at least 1 out of every 3 times i start from a stop, i forget about the kickstand. literally, ALL THE TIME. if it weren't for that little switch, i'm sure i'd have dropped the bike by now. it catches all the time when i'm pushing around in neutral, i always forget to put it up..

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
            Sounds like the stand is bent outward, which would put it in the way. IMHO that is not a good solution.
            what the guy did was chop the bottom off, then chopped the "L" shaped piece off and welded it back onto the shortened stand. the "L" shaped piece is directly under the gear shift now, so basically my foot kinda rests on the kickstand right before i change the gear.

Comment

No matter what, do not disable it takirb....

Comment

Working...
              X