X

handle bar removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handle bar removal

I bent my left handle bar last time i went down. I am just wondering how to get it removed? btw i have an 03 katana 600.

There should be a little black cover on the back side of the bar. Take that off and there will be a 6mm allen head screw there. take that out and the bar will slide right out. You will know what I am talking about when you see it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

That screw needs to come all the way out BTW..

Comment

or use a grinder if it doesn't want to come off but be careful

Comment

Re: handle bar removal

Originally posted by strbo32098
          I bent my left handle bar last time i went down. I am just wondering how to get it removed? btw i have an 03 katana 600.
          At the silver-colored riser that holds the handlebar (on the right end of the bar for a left handlebar) there are two plastic caps cover bolts on the side away from the rider (towards the front of the bike). Remove the caps (fingernail will work or a small screwdriver), then underneath are hex-head (allen-head) bolts. You unbolt these, and then the tube itself can be slipped out.

Before you go and remove the tube, remove the bar-end weight (#2 phillipshead -- you may need an impact driver to get it started), disassemble the control pod that houses the choke control and switches (#2 phillips again), plus unbolt the clutch lever. Now remove the tube and replace it, then reinstall everything to the new one.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X