X

Slip on installation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on installation

I bought a pair of older cobra slip ons for pre98 from some one on this site and they said they were already on the bike when they got it. I have never messed with slip ons and of course there are no instructions. I was wondering how you install them. Do you just cut you old pipes off at a certain place and the clamp these on or what?

They should have come with mid-pipes, in which case you unbolt the clamps at the collector ends of the header, slip out the old mid-pipes (be careful of the gaskets -- might end up having to replace them) and slip in the new ones. Twisting motions rather than just yanking backwards usually works well. Coating the end of the new mid-pipes with a light coat of high-temp antiseize will help them slide together (it will smoke for 10 minutes the next time you fire it up, but after an hour there won't be any smoke remaining).

If they didn't come with midpipes, well, then you get to figure something else out, like how to get the appropriate mid-pipes...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ok here is the deal. This is my left side stock exhaust and the slip on I bought. How do I install it. There are no clamps on the stock exhaust so Im guessin cut and slip on.They came with slip clamps.
      Attached Files

Comment

yea thats what it looked when i took off the slip ons that they cut the old muffler off and put that on
        1998 Triumph Daytona T595 107 HP "untuned"
        1993 xr250L
        2005 cr125 two stroke For sale

Comment

Measure diameters, cut where it looks right.

If you're off a hair and you can't get it to fit, take some short change and go visit a muffler shop. They have swedges there that they can insert into a pipe and lightly expand it a bit.........to fit!

COst me about $10 and a big thanks locally............
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X