X

Horsepower specs for kat 750?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsepower specs for kat 750?????

Does anybody know the base line H.P. spec of these things? I've installed a jet kit, hindle slip on and K&N filter. Going to put it on the dyno next week just wanted to see if the mods made any more power?
    Gripp & Regripp

If I'm not mistaken the stock HP on the 750 is around 85.

Comment

its a common misconception that an air intake and headers/exhaust will give you hp ..it wont give you any but it will free up hp meaning if you continue to do mods that complement the air intake, and exhaust you will gain that freed up hp

Comment

Since output from even a single bike varies from dyno to dyno, as well as with altitude, chain condition and tire growth/wear, the only way to know for sure would have been to compare a before and after dyno measurements from the same dyno. Other than that, there is no reliable way to be able to compare the stock to non-stock selections.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

According to this web site the HP is 93 on the 750.

Specifications of 40 000 motorcycles made 1894-2024. Pictures. Rider comments.

Can you post how the Dyno turns out. The air filter and jet are getting installed before spring, Hindle is allready on
          Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
            According to this web site the HP is 93 on the 750.

Can you post how the Dyno turns out. The air filter and jet are getting installed before spring, Hindle is allready on
            Bikez.com generally takes manufacturer claims, which are measured at the output shaft of the engine or transmission rather than at the back wheel. Given that drive-line loses can be 5% - 10%, in large part based on condition of chain and sprocket (and their oils), "real" world numbers will probably be in the mid 80's.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I agree with Cyber on this one, I find it hard to believe that a 93 Kat 750 put out 100hp and a 2004 bandit 1200 put out 97 hp.

I dynoed my stock 93 and it ran a 97.6 here in Arizona and probably will run a lower number in Ohio for instances. I have also had the chance to dyno a 2001 Bandit 1200 and it ran 115 hp with a yosh pipe, and K&N filter and Carb kit.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
              X