X

need help or a diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help or a diagram

I need help or a diagram of a RF900 94. this bike have spark only in cylinders 1 and 4 cylinder 2 and 3 are dead. no spark. change coil fo a new one no spark. I also check for continuity of both cables to the CDI and the cables are good. I assume that the pick up coil is ok because I have spark on 1 and 4. all the help will be apreciated thanks.

Well it sounds like the CDI is to blame.
    if you switch the primary wires from the
    1-4 coil to the 2-3 coil do you get spark?
    What about the connector at the CDI?

I'm not sure but I thought there was a way to test
    the CDI even though the books thell you to take it to
    a shop.

Comment

Swap coils and see if that resolves it (spark plugs out so you can see if they are sparking). Problems in that age bike usually manifest as a result of bad continuity at the connectors to the CDi in my experience, unless the CDi has taken a hard hit (since the electronics in the CDi are usually epoxy-coated, they're usually pretty reliable unless the epoxy cracks or the case cracks).

If not, time to go find a recycler to track down an used CDi, or visit a full dealer to have the existing one tested (and that's assuming they actually have the tester on hand -- many don't).

Good Luck!
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

today I spend some time in the bike but no luck I test both coil and both are good but I found some wires bad but no luck. let me tell you about. the problem started with a the bike died taking a curve after that it went like a mile with no problem. after one mile only fire two 1 and 4. I just dont understand the fuel pump in this bike it have 4 wires one of them is the same wire that pulse the 2-3 coil. for what? thats why I need a wiring diagram. so I can understand how its work

Comment

I just googled rf900 wiring diagram and found the whole service manual

http://www.blackbears.ru/manual/files/Suzuki_RF900(R-RS-RT-RV)_'94-97_Service_Manual.zip

Looks like those 4 pump wires are power, ground, starter running, and ignition firing.

/kiba
          find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Wow..
            Kiba is your hero!

Comment

yes Kiba thanks a lot I own you big men thanks

Comment

Working...
              X