X

engine cover compatability??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cover compatability??

hey all, ive had a nasty spill on the bike, and the left (when your sitting on the bike) engine cover has a split in it.. so i cant even turn the engine over!

im wondering what model engines share this cover? ( eg.. 88 gsxr 750??)

as katana specific parts are thin on the ground over here in aus. im hoping i can pinch something off a different bike.

cheers.joe.

Check part numbers on

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Edit: Seems like a 88 GSXR 750 crosses over for a 88 600 Katana, at least..
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

86-92 GSXR will fit as will 88-2005 Katana 600/750. Good luck.

Comment

Hey Joe, I might have an extra if your interested. Your forks are going in the post tomorrow, let me know if I should throw one in the box.

Comment

that would be awesome if you could matt.

thanks buddy

cheers.joe.

Comment

Joe:

I noticed from your ride profile your bike is a 99 750 Kat.............not a GSXR, right?

If it's the 99 750 Kat, you can use a starter cover off any 98-05 Katana 600 or 750, and I'm pretty sure the GSF & SV motors use the same ones........only some are slightly different colors. I do remember something odd about the starter cover from the Kat not wanting to go on the 1200 Bandit.............maybe it was just color......but I remember something else.............fit?
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

No SV's Keith, totaly different motor.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                that would be awesome if you could matt.

thanks buddy

cheers.joe.
                No problem Joe...one's on it's way.

Comment

Waltari PM me on the other stuff you have that you need help getting rid of.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

There are also aftermarket ones available pre-chromed as replacements ($125USD or so for both sides). You can find them in the Targa Accessories catalog.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X