X

NEED CARBS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED CARBS!

I am in bad need of some carbs. I need the biggest set of carbs that will fit on a 1127 oil cooled engine. A set off a 91 gixxer1100 will work. If anyone has a set, or knows where I can find a set, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Hey Mojoe...Check this out...

Checked my Haynes again, 89-92 GSX 750R could be 38's or 36's (Cali) - the GSX 1100R comes with either 36's (US) or 40's (Europe), but the jetting is different from the 750 36's... so even if they fit you'd probably want to rejet them.

Then look at this thread in the Gear forum...

AMA member # 224227

Comment

I have 36mm now...and I was comparing a set at the shop yesterday that were MUCH bigger....I have to say over 40, but I can't be sure. all I know is my 36mm are way too small. don't know much about the sizes available....is there a stock suzuki carb over 40?

Comment

I am not sure but the FactoryPro Website confirms the quote above. The 36, 38, and 40mm carbs fit on the oil cooled 1127 for those years, with the 40mm being the Euro spec only.

AMA member # 224227

Comment

The german eBay is full of them all the time.. These are the 40's I could find, there are some 38's too:

One of the swedish old-time Gixxer gurus says that the american 36's are good for up to 150 hp (he was dragracing in the states with gixxers before moving back to Sweden), but I don't know how far you can get with the 40's. If you want to get in contact with him I'll hook you up, he is pretty active in a swedish forum I'm hanging out on...
          - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

By the way, that was Yellow's quote I posted above.

Sorry, I didn't put it in their (I wasn't sure how).
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

BTW I found out that his site is in english, http://andersbrink.se . Seems he likes the flatslide Mikunis, the RS series.
              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Hey Yellow....if you can contact the guy, ask him what he would suggest for this. This is the description of the engine I bought.

"92’ Suzuki Katana 1127, That was BUILT BY VANCE & HINES MOTOR SPORTS. Aftermarket performance parts are the following: MTC 80mm piston kit, 20mm wrist pins, Teflon wrist pin buttons, slotted cam sprockets, heavy duty valve springs, 29mm In, 26mm Ex, Billet cam tensioner, undercut trans, Street/strip ported head, Dyna 2000 ignition system w/Dyna coils(not pictured). Engine was originally built **V H M S **(Vance and Hines MotorSports) in Trinidad, Colorado, head is stamped and numbered #011(shown in picture)this number is a build number for the entire motor, Auction includes everything shown in pictures and when assembeled is a complete motor, Most are new parts. Motor and all parts are sold (as is) Motor runs very strong and is very fast although never ran on a dyno, guessing around 200+hp."

This is the link:

I was told by the guy who is putting my engine together that my 36mm will not cut it. He did say 83-91 gixxer 1100 carbs would get me by...with 83 being the less desireable and 91 being the most. I just did not see any on ebay.

Comment

That is funny, since the 91 gixxer 1100 came with 36mm in the States and 40mm in Europe (according to the sources above). Maybe the shop guy meant the Euro spec 40's?

I look forward to getting the scoop, and seeing that beast put together Mojoe!
                  AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol
                    I look forward to getting the scoop, and seeing that beast put together Mojoe!
                    I am a bit behind schedule now. After buying the house and whatnot, I have been busy with a few things. Plus I can't even use my garage. The wiring won't handle a compressor, the place is heated with a wood stove that I am afrais to even toss a piece of wood into for fear it will just crumble, and it is full of junk. So I am at the mercy of using my brothers garage.

Plus I have decided to convert my everyday kat (the 93) over. I was going to use the 92, but is has not been plated in 2 years, which means inspection. Between the new engine numbers not matching the registration, the header, and the swingarm mods, I won't pass inspection.
                    So now I am tripping over 2 bikes instead of one. But it's coming. If I am done for the Gap, then I will be happy.

Comment

Hey Mojoe, have you tried asking Ivan? I am sure he would know.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                      X