X

engine idle issues...Help please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine idle issues...Help please?

lately my 00 Kat 750 has been experiencing some idle issues.
    first, when warm she is only idling at about 900 rpm also, the idle at higher rpms jumps all around (surges). if I hold the trottle open the idle will vary about 500 rpms. I can feel this surging while riding.

How do you adjust the engine idle? I know about the engine speed adjustment screw. this screw is already turned to its higest point. I cannot turn it up any higher. I dont think this is good and would like to turn in down and then adjust the carbs somehow to bring the idle to the normal 1200rpms. that way I would have some room for adjustment on the engine speed screw.
    how would I do this? In fact, until I can re-adjust the engine speed screw, I cannot even sync my carbs since I need about 1750 rpm to do that.

I just replaced the oil, plugs, airfilter. I know it is time for a valve adjustment and carb sync. could this be causing my issues?
    the old plugs looked good when I pulled them. no signs of either running rich or lean.
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

Wow , the screw is all the way up , and it idles too low ? Yeah , that's not cool .....
    If you're planning on doing the valve check , go ahead and do it . I'm thinking you MAY need to tear into your carbs while you're at it . Check your plugs while you're in there . They can often tell you if something's wrong .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Did you ever fix the problem? or find anything out about this issue?

I really want to sync my carbs tomorrow cuz I can borrow a buddys tool but My idle adjuster is all the way up to and its barely holding at 1k...sounds like she's gonna die out at any second

Comment

Is the throttle cable properly adjusted??
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
        X