Discolored float?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discolored float?

Howdy ya'll,

I'm cleanin out movin_up's carbs from this thread http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22592

It seems one cylinder was just getting fuel dumped into it, and I found something strange on the associated carb.... the whole float assembly was faded, almost white. The other three were the typical orange type color, no fading. It was almost like tye-die light orange and white. Hmmm any ideas? I'm just doing the typical cleaning and nothing seems damaged, everything intact just a funky color ONLY on that one float assembly. I'd get a pic up but digi cam no workie.

'01 TL1000R

Seen that before , actually . But if there are no holes in the float , should be fine . Check the float needle and seat ? How 'bout them o-rings ? Float HEIGHT ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah no holes in float, float heights check out and o-rings look excellent although ideally i'd like to replace them. Overall there is some grit inside the carbs and they are somewhat sludged, a thick oily film in there. jets are also out and it seems like it just needs a good cleaning. hopefully that gets it.
      '01 TL1000R

Comment

Working...
      X