X

600 Mile Break In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 Mile Break In

I just purchased an '05 Suzuki Katana 600 brand new from a dealership with 3 miles on it and had a question regarding the 600 Mile break in maintanance. I know that the oil will be changed with the oil filter being replaced but I had a question if the dealership would do anything else regarding the engine's valves and so on. I've adjusted my idle screw to make the bike idle at around 1.3k RPM and haven't taken it above 6k RPMs yet.

I also had a question regarding bike upgrades. I was interested in purchasing a K & N airfilter and maybe even a complete exhaust system. Do you guys have any reccomendations on any other upgrades that I can do to increase performance? Thanks for any input.

yes they should also check the valves at 600 miles and no the k&n fitler sucks leave teh stock one in a fullsystem exhaust is always nice

Comment

K & N good for cars; I don't like it for my Kat.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
        K & N good for cars; I don't like it for my Kat.
        i wont even use them on my car they mess up mas sometimes

Comment

Working...
        X