Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

swingarm measurements...can you compare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm measurements...can you compare?

Ok...no one seems to know what swingarm will swap on an 1100 kat, so I took some pics with measurements. If any of you have a swingarm you can compare it to, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

next measurement

Comment

and next

Comment

another

Comment

To clarify, you are looking for a stronger longer swing arm to handle the higher output of the new engine right?
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

last one

Comment

To clarify, you are looking for a stronger longer swing arm to handle the higher output of the new engine right?
              My swingarm is pretty rugged as it is. I am looking for wider more than anything. Although it can't be so wide as to mess with chain alignment. Not sure what I have to do with the front sprocket. This is all new to me.
              I need something that can handle 200hp...maybe more when I am done.

Comment

I know this'll do you no good but I happened to take measurements of mine you can check out...

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Mojoe, I know several people riding a 1100, one of them has been looking around for another swingarm, because he didn't like the 16" high and narrow rim.
                  He told me there are no direct swaps available, without major frame-modification and a complete donor-rearend.
                  Modify the rear-frame and you"ll be able to fit almost any swingarm you want. (as a matter of fact you can even have an extended axle made for the frontsprocket to compensate offset)
                  Btw if you're gonna have 200+ hp look for a donor-rearend coming from a Busa or ZX12R.

Comment

Try PMing Waltari, he can tell and might agree with me that the RF900 Swingarm will work. Read through this thread and see if you get your answer
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Beekman
                      I know this'll do you no good but I happened to take measurements of mine you can check out...
                      Actually You may have helped me more than you think. My stock swingarm is actually longer and wider than yours. What is the size of the wheel you are running? Can you take a photo of your rear tire? Anyone have a photo of a 88-90 or so gixxer 1100 rear tire? I know that rim is pretty wide. Maybe I can get away with just a rim swap. Hard for me to get any comparisons here because everyone has there bikes of in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by BeekMan

Beek, that's sweet. Mind if I swipe it for the website (kat family tree page that has the specs) and possibly the for the book (although I doubt I'd need it for the book -- too much detail).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          Originally posted by Beekman
                          Actually You may have helped me more than you think. My stock swingarm is actually longer and wider than yours. What is the size of the wheel you are running? Can you take a photo of your rear tire? Anyone have a photo of a 88-90 or so gixxer 1100 rear tire? I know that rim is pretty wide. Maybe I can get away with just a rim swap. Hard for me to get any comparisons here because everyone has there bikes of in storage.
                          Some of the early gsxr1100 (oil cooled) ran 4.5" rear rims with the slanted spokes (they match the pre98 rims in style)

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                            Some of the early gsxr1100 (oil cooled) ran 4.5" rear rims with the slanted spokes (they match the pre98 rims in style)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but does anybody know which other rims you can fit on a Kat without too much mods - I mean of the Suzuki rims with similar sizes as the Kat - Bandit 600, SV 650 and the like... I'm looking for newer rims but 98+ Kat are not so common here, although B6 rims are on eBay here all the time. I also noticed that the B12 front rims are 3.5x17... What about rotor alignment, speedo pickup etc?
                            - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by "The CyberPoet
                              Mind if I swipe it for the website (kat family tree page that has the specs) and possibly the for the book (although I doubt I'd need it for the book -- too much detail).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              No problem
                              Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Working...
                              X