No announcement yet.
X

Rear tire tracking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my main concern is that when i removed the wheel to change out fenders (twice) that I have it in the proper place again. I did the count rotations thing and I think i have it back the way it was with the correct tension on the chain and such. i just wanted to make sure. My theory is check thrice and drop the bike none..
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
      Well my main concern is that when i removed the wheel to change out fenders (twice) that I have it in the proper place again. I did the count rotations thing and I think i have it back the way it was with the correct tension on the chain and such. i just wanted to make sure. My theory is check thrice and drop the bike none..
      a misaligned rear wheel will do three main things:
      (A) Wear the chain faster (and may be visible as the sprocket teeth hit the chain on one side at the top and bottom, and at the other side on the back edge);
      (B) cause uneven tire wear;
      and most critically:
      (C) instill a low-frequency weave to the bike at high speeds.

Naturally, bearing wear and possible damages to the chain tensioners is also side-effects.

KNOW THIS:
      If the plates on the end of the swing arms aren't mounted flush and straight in their orientation, they can easily get bent and damaged.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

I had an improperly aligned rear tire last year at the Gap . I DEFINATLEY felt something was not right . It felt like I was falling over into the turns , and very squirrelly . It was spotted by someone riding behind me . I checked it , adjusted it , and the bike felt completely different !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X