X

NEED HELP ASAP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP ASAP

Hey all im trying to get the measurements for a set of yoshimura headers for my 89 750 ...i would need an exhaust manafold too so if you know the specific's on the headers like measurements ...that would be aweomse im gonna try to pm keith and see what i get ..thanks guys

Just out of curiosity, why do you need the measurments, are you not able to just order the headers for your year bike?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

cuz yoshimura doesnt make them anymoreso im just gonna copy the bend's and make them so i dont have to pay 400 bux

Comment

Suggestion: buy one on eBay and resell it afterwards. Be very careful about matching the exhaust bends millimeter for millimeter, as their system is actually engineered for the engine (as verses to some brands that are just fit).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Listen to Cyber, he knows what he is talking about.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have the full Yosh on my '96 750. That's a lot of measuring and angles to try and get right. I would try to get one to copy from as Cyber suggested.

There are only two pieces to that particular full system. There is a Header that is a 4 into 1, that ends at the collector. The second half is the can and mid pipe (one piece). You have to trim your belly pan in two places to get clearance, but I love mine.

I also bought it used from HS2020, who bought it from Meanstreak, who got it from 771Doug. Sadly, this previously lucky exhaust has not netted me the honor of a Trophy, as it had all of the previous owners.

Oh are you still there? Sorry, I got off topic.
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

yea he mentioned that but i already have one on my bike and i want a new set of headers

Comment

you doing this project yourself duff ? just curious.

Comment

ah im gonna have a buddy in shcool with me do it and im prob gonnna finnish it ill have him do the bends and welds and ill grind and finnish

Comment

what do you have on there now Duff?
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                    X