X

shifting issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting issue

*i tried searching, but did not find the answers i was looking for. i might have used the wrong words*

when i shift from 1st to 2nd while under 5k rpm's, it shifts fine. however, when shifting at 8k+rpm's, the bike will go right into N. i've done some launches where i say to myself, "SHIFT HARD!" but still no luck. it happens once in awhile tho, about 50%.

this however doesn't happen in any other gears (obviously).

is there any mechanical cause for this? or am i really not shifting properly?

thanks.

Found a link for you, might help http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...light=shifting
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Yeah thats a real good resource there in the link, good find '05 ! "lazy shifting" happens alot. It's not that you're actually being lazy but just that you need to really focus on moving that lever up with your foot in one fluid motion till you feel it "click" into 2nd gear.

How long has it been happening? If you've rode other bikes before, did you ever have this problem ?

Comment

Re: shifting issue

Originally posted by toezter
        when i shift from 1st to 2nd while under 5k rpm's, it shifts fine. however, when shifting at 8k+rpm's, the bike will go right into N.
        Stop waiting until 8k to shift into second (period!), and make sure you unload the throttle when you do shift (method is clutch in, gas off, snap-shift, gas on, clutch out).

If you're not going to stop whaling on first gear, go seek out the FactoryPro shift kit (www.factorypro.com) and install it. It replaces the indent spring with a stiffer one, so by the time it gives enough to make the shift, you'll have more force = more speed at the shifter. Greatly reduces the tendency to miss 2nd for neutral, and also makes it much less likely you'll damage your tranny in the process.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: shifting issue

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by toezter
          when i shift from 1st to 2nd while under 5k rpm's, it shifts fine. however, when shifting at 8k+rpm's, the bike will go right into N.
          Stop waiting until 8k to shift into second (period!), and make sure you unload the throttle when you do shift (method is clutch in, gas off, snap-shift, gas on, clutch out).

If you're not going to stop whaling on first gear, go seek out the FactoryPro shift kit (www.factorypro.com) and install it. It replaces the indent spring with a stiffer one, so by the time it gives enough to make the shift, you'll have more force = more speed at the shifter. Greatly reduces the tendency to miss 2nd for neutral, and also makes it much less likely you'll damage your tranny in the process.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          +1 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000

Comment

Working...
          X