X

mystery wire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery wire.

I was goofing with the Kat and found a set of wires that look like marker wires. I connected it to the turn signal and now the turn signal glows and
    still blinks. Odd thing there is only one. What is this for UK marker light?
    Just wondering...

Sounds like it. The '98+ US-models have three unused pigtail connectors, one to drive the fan and thermal sensor used on the California models, plus two to drive running lights for the front blinker assemblies used in some countries. I would expect the 88 - 97 models have something similiar.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes, two on the front that are not normally used on the pre98 750's.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i think UK models had a switch for a "passing light" or something, maybe that's it?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
        "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Sounds like it. The '98+ US-models have three unused pigtail connectors, one to drive the fan and thermal sensor used on the California models, plus two to drive running lights for the front blinker assemblies used in some countries. I would expect the 88 - 97 models have something similiar.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          so in theory could you make the US model having running lights without buy something like a signal minder. Just but double filament bulbs instead of the single.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Yeah, Looks like double filiments are fitted
            (non stock) to my Kat. I've three wires coming from each pod..

Comment

Working...
            X