X

Need a Kat Mechanic in St. Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Kat Mechanic in St. Louis

Does anybody know of someone who repairs Kats in the St. Louis area. I did something bad to my baby and I need to get her fixed.

Buy a manual and have at it . What'd you break ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

my chain popped off and the housing where my clutch is at has a piece that broke out. it looks bad.

Comment

You mean under the sprocket cover ? Left side (sitting on bike) where the chain goes into ? If the engine case isn't chewed-up (you'd probably know by the leaking of oil EVERYWHERE ) , then it shouldn't be TERRIBLY hard to fix , actually . About the worst I can think of would be the pushrod being screwed-up or maybe the oil seal mangled , which ain't a REAL bad thing anyway . Tear that sprocket cover off and see what it looks like in there .

Comment

Yea, I think it is the sprocket cover that is the busted. I did not see any oil so I guess that is a good sign. Right now it is at a shop that was down the street from where i broke down. I got a feeling they are going to try and tax me though. Also my clutch on the left handle bar has no tension in it, so whatever that was connected to has come loose at the least. Here is a picture of the bike right by the gear shift end.
          Attached Files

Comment

Alright , you probably lost the pushrod in there too then . Not a hard repair . 6 bolts , the shift-lever screw , and the snapring to get the cover off , 2 seconds to put in a new rod (if it is in fact broken) , 10 minutes to button back up . Easy .

Comment

that does not sound so bad. the shop has not even looked at the bike yet to see what is wrong with it. i am fairly mechanically inclined and it sounds pretty easy. do you think i should get the bike out before they look at it. Also, how hard is it to get the back wheel off. My chain was kind of loose b4 all of this and it looked liked the wheel needed to be moved back (to tighten up the chain) or the chain needed a link removed.

Comment

Also, the clutch has no tension in it. Is that connected with all of this as well?

Comment

Will it cost you for an estimate if not then it may be wise to get a estimate and go from there it doesn't look that bad. Good luck
                  "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I am sure that they will charge for the estimate. prolly for like an hours work. I dont like this shop but they are the closest to my home and to where i broke down.

Comment

does anybody know of a good place to get a front sprocket cover for a 98 katana 600.

Comment

bikebandit.com or ronayers.com for new. Ebay for used.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

man these clowns charged me $70 to take the sprocket cover off and tell me it was broke and they are trying to charge me another $70 to put it back on so i can take it with me. i should pushed it home and did it myself. damn, damn, damn!

Comment

Yeah , that pushrod being broke would mean the clutch lever will pretty much do nothing . And that shop definately sucks .

Comment

I"m also intersted in Kat mechanics in St. Louis is anyone knows of one.

Comment

Working...
                              X