X

help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Ok...my new engine is at the dealers and my bike is tore down for the workover.
    Here is where I am in need of some advice.
    As Cyber has pointed out, I am going to need a new swingarm and rear wheel...which also means brakes and shock....no big deal. But only no big deal if I had an idea what would fit on.
    What I need to know is what is the largest swingarm/wheel that I can just bolt onto a 93 1100 Kat frame? Ebay is full of this stuff, but I am not sure what to look for.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Mojoe I need some back information. Why do you need a new arm and wheel? What are you havening done to the engine? Chances are you aren't going to find a "bolt in" swing arm. Every swing arm mod I have seen has required extensive frame modifications.

Comment

A 200hp Vance & Hines race engine is going in it.

Comment

if you can find a 88-89 gsxr rear wheel complete with brake rotor and caliper and bracket it will fit right into a stock kat swing arm and the swing arm off the same bike will fit also.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
          if you can find a 88-89 gsxr rear wheel complete with brake rotor and caliper and bracket it will fit right into a stock kat swing arm and the swing arm off the same bike will fit also.
          This is garanteed? You know this for sure? Have you done it?
          I only ask because I want to be sure before I go out and buy.

Comment

I thought those years of Gixxer, the wheels were identical to the Kats for Pre-98. How wide are those? Needs to be checked.
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

I don't know which ones will fit (I suspect Walteri will), but I am surpized to hear that the engine is at the dealership rather than in your garage... Hmmm...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                I don't know which ones will fit (I suspect Walteri will), but I am surpized to hear that the engine is at the dealership rather than in your garage... Hmmm...
                Because I am buds with a couple of guys there and I am getting a decent deal on labor. Plus it will be garanteed...at least the assembly. It is mostly a time factor for me. I have not done enough bike engines to be efficient. And if a valve gets smacked into a piston, they will be responsible.

Comment

Waltari has swaped out the swingarm for a RF900 arm. As he would tell you, that is the closest fit but you have to make a special bushing for the different size pivot shaft of the Kat.
                  here is the link to Swingarm Swap
                  http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...420&highlight=
                  There are some mods you need to do. You can ask Frogger on KP also.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X